1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls who fall in love with gay guys.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't you feel bad when a girls falls for an obviously gay guy?

Forget all the stereotypes about gay guys and fashion and being outgoing and to me the essential reasons why straight girls fall in love with gay guys is that:

they don't feel threatened; gay guys are easier to talk to about non sexual stuff because they aren't thinking about their vagina they feel safe because gay gays aren't sexually aggressive towards straight women, they never heard him talk about other girls so they don't expect him to cheat.

In fact in these cases straight women check out and are sexually aggressive towards gay men ironically.The gender roles kinda switch, the man is the, passive, apparently innocent one sitting alone showing what his papa gave him, minding his business, waiting for someone where a women approaches him to try to flirt to try and get some. Several straight girls around me always talk about how this guy that walks is soo hot every 2 minutes, they have pictures of shirtless guys on their tumblr, checking out guy's butts, who must have a big penis and all that jazz.

2. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love girls as friends. They're awesome.
    I hope no girl ever falls for me romantically. It would suck for both of us. I am worried it's going to happen someday. Anybody know tips on preventing it?

3. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I have no idea on how to prevent it. I need ideas on how to stop it. It sucks and I hate it but the OP's post says pretty much everything about out "relationship" because I don't want to have sex with her basically means she wants to talk to me all the time.

4. bornthiswaybby

it's happened to me, I've been asked out lol. Quite awkward.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happened to me lately... I just told her I was gay before she got too attached to me...

It's always a bit awkward/sad

6. Lyana

I fell in love (well, let's say massive crush + strong friendship) with a gay guy, and it realy had nothing to do with his sexuality. I was one of the first people he told when he thought he was bi, then realized he was gay.

I had a crush on him from the moment I laid eyes on him, so way before I knew he wasn't straight. We became close friends very quickly and of course I developed stronger feelings for him, I ended up knowing he was gay, we remained close friends, the crush faded.

I think most girls try to repress feelings for a guy they know are gay, anyway, like I would repress a crush on a straight girl friend because it's not going to go anywhere.

7. badluckfairy

I know a girl who likes gay and bi guys to the point where it is a turn on for her. Unfortunately she is also the type that gets attached so quickly and saying the L word in a matter of days.

8. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently it's not obvious that I'm gay, so I've had a few girls try to flirt with me and I'm like please. Just stop making a fool of yourself. Please. The last girl that did that is like 13 and she already acts like a slut. She gave me a bunch of complements and then she said "Don't think I'm flirting with you." And I was just LOL inside. It's actually kind of annoying. I imagine it's worse for masculine gay guys because girls probably find them attractive more often.

9. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What about girls who fall for guys who are deeply closeted, or guys who haven't even realized they are gay themselves?

10. ChameleonSoul

This has happened to me a few times actually. With the three times it's happened, I've ignored them or told them I just didn't want to be in a relationship out of fear that coming out to them will have lead to me being outed by one of them in a fit of rejection rage or something.

11. Zelos

It's happened to me :grin: I fell completely head over heels for my gay best friend. I perfectly knew he was gay, but that didn't stop me! Although it hurt, I also lived my happiest moments with him. I've had the luck to fall in love with a really kind and comprehensive guy ^^

To answer your question, there is a simple thing you can do in order to prevent it from happening, which is to restrain your interactions with them. Obviously, if you care about the person, this will hurt you too, but if she doesn't see you or talk to you that often, she'll end up forgetting you. If you can't do that because you yourself care too much about them (if, for example, like in my case, you two are best friends), I recommend you act like my best friend did: be kind and clear on what you want, don't give her any false hopes. It is important that you are supportive, because she's probably hurting more than you do. Be there, try to cheer her up when she is down, and it should pass with time. It took me a long time, but now I am not crazily in love with my best friend any more, so just be patient and she'll forget about it :slight_smile:

12. geroni211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don't imagine how annoying it is when you are still in the closet and dont want to tell that person...
    I have had times when i was flirting with a guy and a girl swooped in and scared the guy away...

13. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend was in love with a gay guy. It was awful. She tried to say to herself that maybe he is bi, and maybe he will fall for her. She never told him about her feelings, but she blamed, cursed him when he didn't give her attention or didn't text back... she just couldn't understand that she can't have him.

It sucks to fall in love with a person you can never have, either it's a lesbian falling in love with a straight girl, or gay guy falling in love with a straight guy... or straight girl falling in love with a gay guy, or whatever... it SUCKS.

14. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wonder why I don't hear about straight guys falling in love with gay girls ever?

15. Romi

Oh....straight guys fall for lesbians more than you know. It's just as awkward and disappointing all around.