1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When are condoms used in gay sex?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheHesitantAlien, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheHesitantAlien

OK, a quick question here to clarify some things. Please note that this is NOTHING to do with personal experience etc, as I am underage. This is simply curiosity! :slight_smile:
    Basically, I know that condoms are a good idea during anal, and 'dental blocks' can be used during rimming, but what about oral? My instinct would be 'yes' to prevent any STIs/STDs, but I just have a nagging feeling that this is not the case. I appreciate this can change from person to person, but I'm assuming there is a general consensus among the majority of people.
    Thanks for the help everyone! (!)

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They should be used on oral too to prevent STDs. In oral sex, the risks of transmission are lower than on anal, for example, but they still exist.

This chart may help: SFCC :: STD Basics : STD Risks Chart

Some people think the risk of diseases on oral sex is low enough to not use condoms, but, scientifically and strictly speaking, they are always recommended.

3. bornthiswaybby

I suppose it depends on your situation. If you and your partner are tested, I personally stick to only using one during anal. Oral and rimming are bare. But that's just me, people who are completely concerned about safety and want to take all precautions will suggest using a condom in any sexual contact excluding masturbation/mutual masturbation.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Condoms are also a good idea for oral sex (flavoured condoms perhaps?). Oral sex is generally considered lower risk, but it's certainly not zero risk. If you have cold sores, mouth ulcers etc. there is an increased risk of infection, so a condom offers a protective barrier.

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose using condoms for oral would be a good idea to prevent STDs, but in reality very few people bother.

6. TheHesitantAlien

Thanks everyone! That's what I thought...to be honest, I'd just play it safe and use one anyway! XD

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

Anal no matter what, but oral... yeah I'll admit it's not a bad idea to use one, but come on, gay sex is already inconvenient. Flavored or not, no condom is as good as the real thing for oral, sorry.