1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jameslover, Jan 3, 2015.

1. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you trust him then go for it! It's nice to have someone to talk to about things like this. Just remember only to tell him if you can trust that he won't judge or tell James about it(unless that's what you want of course) good luck. :icon_wink

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol @ cleaning forums...

Sounds like a good idea if you trust him. I think your best bet is to just talk to your friend about this. Sometimes you just need to be direct to know how someone feels about you.

3. jameslover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I trust him enough. I doubt he'll tell James if I explicitly tell him not to.
    Yeah, I was thinking of having my other friend be almost a soundingboard for my ideas and feelings, someone to tell about this who is actually right in front of me in the flesh (no offense :icon_wink).

4. 0Marionette0

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, good luck! Keep us updated. :icon_wink

5. Lazuri

The trick with crushes is that your bias clouds your judgement. I'm gonna refer to a Sherlock Holmes quote and it goes like this:
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

It's a good thing to keep in mind when dealing with crushes that are close to you, especially if you need to figure out if he's even gay. If it were any other guy I'd tell you to shootnfor it, but this is your best friend and if you're wrong you risk upsetting the relationship and you might push him away completely.