1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Character Creation in Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Okulous, Jan 3, 2015.

1. aeva

If I have a choice, I always go for female. In real life, I'd be just as comfortable being a guy as a girl, but in games I like making a badass chick character.

Definitely a warrior. Magic/powers doesn't really satisfy me. I'm the type that likes to just run in, guns blazing and just destroy everything. Armor type depends on the game.

Morally, I like to be a "good girl". I won't kill humans or animals unless they're trying to kill me, speak to people politely, and help people with side quests.

2. IG88

Depends on the game. I typically choose male characters.

More specifically, when I played KOTOR I give my character high melee skills because my comrades will foot the hacking and ranged weapons skills. That way my support can give me cover fire while I fling a lightsaber around :slight_smile:

3. Tohru-Chan

In game. Female characters. If they are completely customizable they always have a sort of manly-ish build though and bright coloured short hair! Usually an elf. And almost always mage.

4. Thedistra

Always female, beacon of all thats good usually. What can I say I can't even stand to be mean pixels these days. I usually go a bit scarred up for looks if possible, to show they had a rough past of some sort. Otherwise its pretty random what they look like. Just depends what I thought up that day and of course how lazy I am.

Although when I was younger I always played evil male characters. shrug.

5. Justinian20

I play super manly male characters and I roleplay, one guy I can create can be evil and brutal, another could be a bounty hunter or treasure hunter. I create them to have long hair and usually blonde. They have a tonne of facial hair, in fact that's all that makes them manly. I will have plenty of body hair, depending on options I sometimes will create male demon characters. I will also try to create a sassy guy as well.

I'm always a guy that can absorb damage or a table build. I'll sometimes go stealthy witch killer, I really though try to play every style that involves close combat or magic and ancient ranged weapons

#45 Justinian20, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  6. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

I usually have a plethora of characters to satisfy my feeling of a final fantasy team..I even imagine them in relation to each other.

However I always feel most satisfied gearing up and maining a male supporty character, so being a healer (most games dont have that anymore) or tank. I usually make him a kind giant look..or just a male really..I like him to be sexy to me. (Although often I regret that decision). I like facial hair, and medium length hairstyles. Black-brown hair.

I also usually level up a mage/summoner first..for my dps/flashy/farming needs, especially when I am unable to party up often, and playing a tank/heals/support alone is extremely annoying. If I make a female I get hit on a lot by males in the game lol, so I think my styling skills of females is again pretty sexual (can't really tell frankly)..I usually make her to look like a mean dark toned b***. It appears guys like that. Sexuality is nasty.

I always try but fail to actually enjoy playing hunter/rogue/no magic dps classes...

7. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to choose mostly females but now i exclusively choose male characters who are feminine-ish.

As for class i usually pick the melee DPS ones, particularly Assassin/Rouge/Thief/ or just anything that Dual wields. If thats out of option then i'll go with whatever class that is either a fast melee or ranged and isnt a tank. I also play as a healing character occasionally but only if i am with a friend.

Stats wise its crit rate, dexterity/agility and vitality for me

8. 101DeadRoses

Well, it doesn't really matter what the gender of the character is to me.

I tend to like being stealthy, fast, and the brains rather than the brawn. When it comes to fighting, I've got to be strong, fast and light. Unless it's GTA or Saint's Row. Then I'm nuking the place, pointing to an innocent bystander and saying "he did it" then running away.

But seriously, I don't like being big and armored and tough. I like being the little snake that slips out of everyone's grasp the slinks away until it can attack again.

9. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll always choose a Male if there's a Choice, I usually like to match them to myself appearance wise. As for the class, I like to pick a Magic type if there is one.

10. PossumJack

I used to create extremely masculine and scarred up females whenever I can. Nowadays I switch between male and female though I usually prefer to play as a dude.

Class-wise, I like mages and rogues equally, though I have to admit that warriors always have the most kickass armor designs. In RPGs I like to play as a snarky smart dude who might steal your trousers but never commits anything outright evil.

In multiplayer I'm usually a support because I'm a filthy casual and healers are easy to play :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Male 95% of the time. Usually with red or gray hair, side-burns, longish hair. Halfling if at all possible, or any other short race. Unless it's an elf like in Dragon Age, then I pick human.

I lean towards the mage controllers and healers. I love CC'ing others so that my team mates can survive or have an easier time, same with healing. I also like rogue's or rogue like characters. I have been known to try tankiest of all sword and board too!

I tend to shy away from the regular warriors, while the battle might revolve around them they are unable to influence it.

12. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i like warriors because their awesome and my characters gender is always male because males are hot

13. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Male and has the same body type as mine
    I always go for being healer or druid (or summoner). And my character will always wear green. ALWAYS.

14. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First playthrough I am always female.
    I always go for a class that isn't the standard warrior/soldier class.
    For example - my favourite class on Mass Effect is Engineer.
    My class on Knights of the Old Republic is Scout with high computer skills.
    In sci-fi RPGs I go for the tech classes. I don't play many fantasy RPGs but I go for the more stealth classes.

In subsequent playthroughs I may play male characters and different classes - so I get everything out of the game.

15. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always choose a male character because its weird playing as a girl. The classes vary but i am mainly a warrior or an archer or both

16. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe im a male but i really like creating female characters more they have more customization and i really like that bad ass chick who can kick some ass !!! females all the way i feel like they are way better than male characters
    it might be a male but its a 10% chance i might chose to play as a male i prefer females everywhere real life or video games or movies
    hell i started watching batman for the sake of harley quinn catwoman and poison ivy like really best villains ever i never really liked batman other than just a hot guy in tights !
    but i grew up with lara croft ^__^ she is like what batman and superman was for other boys lara croft was my hero ! at least she doesn't wear tights lol

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2015 at 01:53 PM ----------

oh and i give my girl whatever it suits her but i prefer modern combat guns and bombs are the way to go but though a katana to cut off some heads would be useful ^_^

17. LexSeir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I usually make male characters, but never the "holy shit macho man has entered the battle, you're all fucked" type. They usually have smaller bodies, and finer facial features. Whether or not they have beards depends on the game and the character type, for instance in Skyrim I almost always make characters with dark hair and short beards, since I think it complements my playing role (get to that in a moment) and the models look better to me if they have facial hair. In games like Guild Wars 2, or whenever I'm creating a necromancer class, I usually leave facial hair off the human males as they often have rather regal and elfish faces that simply don't look right with a beard or mustache. Most of my magic using characters are free of facial hair as well, depending on what element or sphere of power they belong to.

I enjoy playing in the darker themed classes (not in the least because they often have better stats than nobler classes), and classes that have some level of magic or element of stealth. As such, thief and battlemage/necromancer types are my favourite, as well as assassin- which is, sadly, not often included as a type in games. I usually allocate points and skill farming into magic and stealth, and train up my characters in spells/staffs or one-handed swords and knives. Sometimes I make an exception and give them a huge, extremely tank-geared battleaxe and just let things happen.

18. charity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Female sniper/assassin

19. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Long haired, androgynous but powerful male character.

20. RainDreamer

Almost exclusively female. But it depends on the game and the story.