1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs that have a big meaning to you?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RelaxedDude97, Jan 3, 2015.

1. therunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith

Aerosmith has some of the best love songs!

2. Randomcloud

'Tunnels' by Arcade Fire

No song has ever moved me as much as that one. In fact, most of the songs on that album (Funeral) are amazing and relatable and tap into 1 million emotions. They're all about loss (of people, home, innocence, hope, ideas) but are also BEAUTIFUL.

3. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Born to run by Bruce Springsteen

It doesn't matter how bad I feel, to listen to this song makes everything a little better.

4. Gia K

Out Status:
    Some people
    'Forever Young' by Alphaville
    It manages to make me cry almost everytime I listen to it, specially if I had something to drink beforehand :lol: .

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Defying Gravity from Wicked.

6. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, i like that one too! I always get chills listening to that song(!)

---------- Post added 5th Jan 2015 at 12:03 AM ----------

This one is really great, have you heard the glee cover of it? I like both versions, but prefer the glee one :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

7. Skellington

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [YOUTUBE]nP6xBFyA_aw[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know, there's something about this song for me… I sometimes just lie on the floor with all the lights turned out listening to Space Oddity on full blast in headphones. I can't tell you what it is even, form the first time I heard it I've just had this connection wit it…

8. ReyJ

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head, and Don't Fence Me In both remind me of my granddad and have kind of become my life philosophy :slight_smile:

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No More from Spiderman Turn Off The Dark

A Place Called Home from Angel

Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year and I Slept With Someone In FOB by Fall Out Boy

And Calling from Final Fantasy Advent Children

Just for the lyrics :slight_smile:

10. JerryX

JerryX Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First comes to my mind Spice Girls 2 Become 1 because of the violins at the end & it´s from the 90's, when I had my biggest fling so far (*hug*)
    [YOUTUBE]FA5jsa1lR9c[/YOUTUBE]

11. CyanChachki

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

She sings about how her rocky relationship and how it fell apart.

"All I wanted was to break your walls
    All you ever did was wreck me"

She explains here that she was just trying to get through to him but it ended up breaking her after so many so many tries.

"Don't you ever say I just walked away
    I will always want you
    I can't live a lie, running for my life
    I will always want you"

She wants him to know that she tried to fix the problems before walking away, instead of just walking away when the problems first arose. She says that even though she's walking away, she still loves him but can not longer lie to herself that things will eventually work out.

This song reminds me so much of my last relationship. I was with someone who only cared for themselves and who had created a ton of problems that she wasn't willing to fix but instead, waited for me to fix them alone. She wouldn't talk to me about a lot of things, even though she'd get mad at me if I'd stop prying at her to open up.

Deep down, I do still love her because I knew what she was like before all of it started. The thing is, I can't love her because of what was going on and how she was acting towards me after the relationship (Very clingy, possessed and ended up stalking me) I didn't want to walk away, I wanted the woman I fell for before all of it started but being that I knew she'd never return to who she was previously, I had to leave. The sad thing is, I lost a lot of friends because of it.

12. Kamens

I Still Remember by Bloc Party. It's about the (male) lead singer falling in love with a straight guy.

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. One of my favorite bands, The 1975, talked about it in an interview and I listened to it. It's so romantic and heavenly and just epic... kind of reminds me of something off of The Breakfast Club soundtrack but even more ambitious. It's the song I want to have my first dance to at my wedding.

13. LiquidSwords

We left our trousers by the canal.. yes I remember this!

The Smiths' self titled is so gay, songs like Hand In Glove, What Difference Does it Make, Pretty Girls Make Graves feel very personal to me they were pretty important for me being ok with being gay in the beginning

No it's not like any other love, this one is different because it's us.. and if the people stare then the people stare..

14. aeva

Imagine (John Lennon). I actually have it tattooed on my back. It pretty much describes my perfect world. I've struggled with severe depression for most of my life, predominantly based on despair that the world the song describes is simply not possible, so I find it reassuring.

15. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

I love "don't stop believing"by journey. I used to always sing that with my best friend, and it always reminds me of this sleep away camp that i loved.

16. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Let It Go - Frozen/ feeling free to be me:slight_smile: Same goes for the other two below
    Brave - Sara Bareilles
    Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves
    Who We Are - Jessica Simpson/ feeling comfortable in my body
    Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion/ mine and my mom's song
    Mine - Taylor Swift/ how I feel about finding "the one" minus the guy

#36 XenaxGabby, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  17. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    "What ya going to do when you get out of jail".."im going to have some fun"....Tom Tom club genius of love...ya damn straight....im probably going to jail its like my 5th petty crime and I dindt finish asap from my last charge and on top of that I got a drunk in public Halloween but paid it off and i was late for court had a bench warrant but the judge told me to get a lawyer and gave me a continuence .wish me luck my case is the 28th...ive been lucky so far

18. adventure on

Out Status:
    All but family
    The first time I heard Riptide by Vance Joy, I was driving home with a very specific friend on my mind... I had to pull over, it hit me so hard.

The cover of Can't Help Falling in Love by Fleet Foxes gave me chills and it made me really happy, to the point that I put it on the first playlist I made for my girlfriend.

Subdivisions by Rush is probably my favorite song in general, and it's just really... fantastic. I've seen Rush in concert twice, and the second time I saw them they opened with it and it just took the air right out of my lungs.

19. Adarya

For some reason Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls just gets to me. Also, Roads Untraveled by Lincoln Park.

20. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay