1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a tactile person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lyana, Jan 2, 2015.

1. NatWheeled

No I'm not typically a tactile person. I rather dislike being touched but this is largely due to the many years I'd spent in n out of the hospital since birth. I didn't get as much cuddle time with mommy. Add to that the numerous pettings by near strangers who think my hair is gorgeous and yeah, its not something I'm into.

However, lately I crave the tactile intimacy that comes in a relationship. Not just the sex, but the cuddling and holding hands etc too.

2. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really. Unless you're my boyfriend or something, I probably will not reciprocate any physical contact. I don't really mind if someone hugs me or something like that; it's more me hugging back that makes me feel awkward.

3. Thedistra

Not much at all, but I don't mind being touched by people I'm close to. As long they have always been that way. I find it unsettling if I've a known person for years then they suddenly get all huggy out of the blue.

4. Nord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not! Probably one of the least tactile people I know. This is something I feel I will need to work on changing, but for now there's no hugging play fighting hugging nada with me. I get extremely uncomfortable. At most one of my friends who is a girl likes to play punch me in the arm when I say something funny or edgy, and I'll hug a family member or friend who I am not going to see for a really long time, but thats about it.

5. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I would be with someone I know and like, trust etc (not strangers or people I've just met) but I'm quite inexperienced with it. So in theory: potentially very much so. In practice: not at all. Need to get me some practice!

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am very very touchy feely person. I am like this with both, guys and girls. It sucks that sometimes people get the wrong impression, but I can't even see when I am doing it.

But, weird thing, I hate to be touched by people, unless I am really close to them.

7. flyawayfree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not a tactile person. I don't like being touched, even hugging people that I am close with. I am currently in a relationship, however I am still not a big fan of cuddling and hand holding.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not with relatives, but with close friends, yes.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but on different levels.

There's platonic tactile, which is very normal to me - I think people in the warmer latitudes of the U.S. are very "huggy" and less so in the colder latitudes. I was raised in both. I wonder if there's a correlation.

Then there's tactile tactile. All that's necessary is a green light and mutual interest!

10. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm tactile with the people I love mostly my kids and my love interest. But other than that I get uncomfortable when being touched by others.

11. dizzyCalysto

Out Status:
    All but family
    Half of my friends are extremely touchy-feely, and at one point I couldn't even be hugged without recoiling, but you get used to it after ten years with those weirdos

12. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I was but I over think it.....when someone tries to hug me I always wonder if im hugging to hard or not enough or im doing it wrong....also I wish hugging and contact was done more often its such a happy feeling and it shows you are happy to see the person...