1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for EC's transgender users

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kageshiro, Jan 2, 2015.

1. CyberStar

I prefer to consider myself a transgirl. Even after I transition, I will still identify myself as trans.

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would want the label (and do want it) handy, in case of clarification. Otherwise I'm fine just being referred to by my respectable genders. If it's around people who I'm out with, that is.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind being called trans male, actually prefer it really. But if I'm around someone who isn't exactly trans friendly than I will simply go by male.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Old thread...

5. oh my god I

Yeah I am just a girl IMO. However, I wish I could learn to accept that transition is something realistically necessary for me to be a girl. I sometimes block out the awareness that I have to do anything to be this way. I neglect my transition because I am not realistic about my expectations of myself as AMAB. For some reason I have this thing where I just think I am supposed to naturally be exactly like cis women physically and it kinda messes with my head to keep realizing it's not realistic

6. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I transitioned, I'd be fine with identifying myself as a trans girl. All of my experiences in the past are important to me and I don't want to pretend they never happened. That will also be a major part of my identity, and one I'd prefer not to treat like it doesn't exist.

That said, I'd rather not be identified as trans if I'm out in public and want to avoid drama.

7. Southern Stoic

Lurking on the dark underbelly of the web
    If I transitioned (because I am AFAB) then I would want to be seen as just male. I don't want the asterisk or the prefix I just wanted to be seen as what I identify as. Period.

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't mention I'm trans, usually.

Only a few know since I moved away, and that's because while I don't care enough to say it, I also don't care enough to hide it. I simply specify it here because we are on a LGBT forum, so that's kind of nice to know.

9. demigodjay

Honestly I don't really care, it's a good way to stand up for rights and it doesn't bother me.

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I kind of don't have the confidence to always present as female, yet. I'm a perfectionist and kind of lazy - not a good combination. Somehow my brain still seems to think "I won't be truly female until I can pass well"...

But in the future, at least, I want to be known as simply female. I won't hide that I'm trans if it's relevant, but I won't go around telling everyone, either, as I don't think it matters.

11. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it dosent really matter with me, im pretty obvi so trans girl is fine for now but when im more passable i will just go by female

12. thepandaboss

I'd like to just be seen as male. But at the same time, some of the things I experience in my life are exclusively relevant when it comes to my trans status. So sharing that I'm transgender on here is definitely key. I'm also fairly open about my trans status in my daily life, partly because, for one, I had to come out and two, I do feel that it's important to be somewhat open about my trans status in certain contexts so that I can help contribute to providing positive representation.

13. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to think that post transition, I'll still want to be a trans guy. We need more positive representation (any representation, really...) and I want to bring more awareness to our cause. Especially in my school district, I want younger trans people to be able to look to me to see that it's ok to be trans, and let cis people see that we are normal human beings.

But I don't have an issue with "stealth" trans people. It's their own decision and I can respect that.

14. JackIsANerd

I think I would still want to be a trans dude even after I transition. I don't personally want to live stealth, I don't mind being open about it!

15. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want to be known as a guy. I kind of see my transgenderism how I see having asthma: it's just an unfortionate thing I have to deal with that's entirely seperate from my personality. Nobody needs to know about it.

16. Natasha Elyssa

In my current state, I don't really care. But! When transitioning and post transition I want to be referred to as a girl. I am a girl, and when I go off and express myself, I will practically demand to be known as a girl. In the future, if I'm wearing a skirt and high heels, I don't really want to be known as trans. Plus, the label could cause some obvious complications. You know? I'm a girl, I would think of it as unnecessary. I would want to be called just girl without the trans in front of it. :slight_smile: <3

17. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Some places online (such as here) I specify trans guy, usually because it is a part of my life that is relevant. And irl even though I don't say it, I'm pre-everything so... it kind of gets said anyway.
    But really, I think of myself more as a "guy (who happens to be trans)" than as a trans guy. So it would feel kind of weird if someone else introduced me or something as a trans guy... I don't mind being kinda open about it, but it isn't the biggest part of me, really.

18. breq

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's a label I feel comfortable using for myself, but I wouldn't be okay with people using it for me without my consent.

19. Just Jess

I don't mind owning my past, it's part of who I am now for better or worse.

20. misplacedaegyo

When I've gotten more "confident" in my gender identity I would like to be simply known as a boy.