1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to beat depression

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seige, Dec 31, 2014.

1. BiBiBaybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One thing that can add to depression is something called Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is thought to occur when there is less daylight, or natural sun, as in northern latitudes (or probably southern, too).

You can buy light boxes, of course, but it may be fun to make one, as long as you can find someone to make the final electrical connections, or at least check them out for you. I have a good friend who suffers from depression, and he finds it helpful to sit by his box for an hour in the evening, and to get outside during the day as often as possible.

I do hope you get to speak to a social worker or therapist soon. BTW, the black box warning for some antidepressants is unfortunately correct about the possible increase of suicidal thinking. However, this is why the medications are monitored by the prescriber for such side effects. It doesn't happen very often, but needs to be watched for.

Keep talking to us!

2. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I used to have severe depression and suicidal thought last autumn. I was constantly worrying about that nobody loves me, nobody will love me, I'm so alone, I'm not perfect, I'm not good company, my friends don't give a shit about me, etc etc...

I don't know what happened, but my depression faded away. Maybe it was the little change of my viewpoint. I realized that though I really really want love and a boy/girlfriend, I'm fine on my own, and I can be happy alone too. The thing is, I stopped indulging in self-pity, and started to concentrate on the question of 'How to improve this and that about myself?' rather than 'Why am I like this?'. It's much more constructive than feeling sorry for myself.
    Maybe working out and meditating daily also helped. I hope what I said is at least a little bit useful to you. I wish you strength and perseverance. You can do this! (*hug*)

3. Seige

I actually have one of those lights, but its really a hassle to use it since Theres not too many outlets in my house.
    Yet another update though! Been having a GREAT few days. Mostly doing to meeting some new people IRL, and just generally relaxing. My mum told me id be able to go back to public school next year, which is a huge weight gone. I have been having some moderatly bad dysphoria though, but only about some really specific areas of my body.

4. Seige

And just a few hours after posting that I started getting terrible top dysphoria, because I was talking to another transfemale friend who actually has breasts, without needing estrogen. So I started wearing a sports bra with a little stuffing, even with my mum home. Decided Im going to start wearingit always. Probably not when I sleep, but even to school and stuff. But idk if that will stay once I get nervous about people at school noticing.

5. Seige

Ive had a great last week. Barely any dysphoria. Made some new friends, everythings been good.

Now I feel like crap. I realised how alone I am. Physically and emotionally. I know I have EC, but its nowhere near the same. I want someone to hold me. Or to comfort me. I want to talk to my friends. I text them, but they wont reply. Its been like a week since we talked. It feels like Ill never meet anyone whos genuinly interested in me romantically. I juat want to be loved. I realise my friends "love" me, but I dont really feel like that, and IIm never touched anymore. I want someone to touch. Human contact.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (*hug*)

I think you are making steps forward, so don't give up so soon.

We all like human warmth and feeling loved, but you must know that sometimes all of us are going to be on our own, regardless of gender and regardless of how good you are. Even good looking, insanely rich people and nobel prizes (and also pulitzer prizes) are left on their own from time to time.
    I know someone that is the last person you'd expect to be and feel alone, and yet she is.

It just happens, trust me. It seems that everyone just agreed in leaving you alone, and it can hurt when you reach out and you find only air, but it is so for everyone.

There is people out there that will want to spend your time with you. Pehaps you should try and join a local club or expand your social circle.

To find someone you love (and someone that will love you back), you are going to need to get used to small talk and to talk to everyone. You need to go outside and start conversations, it doesn't matter it's with the clerk at the store or with some random person you meet at the library.

Don't give up now, young lady (*hug*)

7. Seige

Im just so tired of feeling rejected. I can handle being alone, but being alone for SO lon.g. without any end in sight. I dont have the oportunity to get out often enough to make small talk and meet people.