I absolutely HATE people who snore! There, I said it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gia K, Dec 30, 2014.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well luckily I don't snore. I know because I stayed awake all night just to see if I snore...nope, never did.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex complained (well that is her default setting) that I snored, but also stopped breathing, which was cause for concern. Saw the doctor and I booked a session at a sleep clinic to test for possible apnea, a condition where normal breathing is blocked, which triggers the brain to partially wake you up (to breathe) by releasing stress hormones that prevents deep REM sleep, it causes somnolence during the day, which can be dangerous when driving.

The result of the test indicated that yes, I had apnea, so I was prescribed this expensive "CPAP" machine that I used for several years, however, I have lost about 20 lbs and since then, I haven't needed the machine any more (just one or two apnea episodes each night is not enough to justify the machine), and keeping my nose clear with steroids seems to help as well (although I still snore...or so I'm told).

Sleep apnea can lead to nasty things like strokes, it needs to be taken seriously, snoring is a symptom (as is daytime sleepiness) and should be mentioned at your next doctor's visit if your sleeping partner finds it particularly obnoxious.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I snore a tiny bit, really softly. I wish I wouldn't.

My parents snore but I can't hear them down the hallway from me, and I sleep alone (well, with my dog).

4. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My husband snore when he is tired which he always is! But when I nudge him a little to adjust his head it stops. And me when I have a cold and my nose is blocked.

5. tulipinacup

Oh god I remember going to the beach with our cousins and we spent the night there and since there wasn't enough room for us, the guys ended up having to sleep inside the car but my other cousins insisted on sleeping on the beach shade which I didn't really mind because hey, more room for me I guess but they were cackling behind my back and I was like wtf is going on and that night was one of the most terrifying thing that happened to me. My cousin-in-law snores like a dying whale and I am not exaggerating at all. If I had to choose between listening to nails scratching on a blackboard and my cousin-in-law snoring, I'd choose Yoko Ono covering Fireworks by Katy Perry :
    [YOUTUBE]lrJz9Dh5MsM[/YOUTUBE]

6. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If it's soft snoring then it doesn't bother me that much. My mum and brother snore softly if they're sick. But one of my family friends snores so loud that we refer to him as a chainsaw and it can be a bit of a pain if our tents a side by side when we camp.

7. CyanChachki

Buy some earplugs. I know they're expensive but they're totally worth it. I go to bed around 12-3 am and my niece and nephew get up at 5 or 6 to go to school at 7:30-8. Because they're kids, they're very loud and because they're brother and sister, they tend to get into arguments over dumb things and therefore, are louder than they are with their normal talking voices. I bought a bunch of earplugs about two months ago and it has been heaven ever since.