1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guy with a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lewis, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Lewis

Wasn't sure how to title this thread and I was debating whether to post it anonymously, but I've made a huge mistake and I need to face up to it.

On Sunday I went out, to what you could say was a 'gay bar' but everyone here goes to them, not just gay people. I met a guy, we talked, kissed and he put his number in my phone including his full name. Things progressed and we did things I am pretty ashamed of. You can probably guess what.

The next morning I decide to search him on Facebook and to my surprise (horror) he has been in a 5 year relationship with a girl. I would NEVER knowingly condone cheating, but I can't help but feel guilty that I was apart of it. That poor girl. I feel terrible.

I am receiving phone calls from a number that I don't recognise and I just don't have a clue what I'd say if it was her. I didn't intend for it to happen. He obviously needs to come clean to her because he told me he was gay. Should I be feeling this bad? :icon_sad:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would say no, in my opinion because you didn't know he was in a relationship with a girl

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's the one who's in the wrong, not you

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not your fault.
    Don't feel guilty.

And it's up to you now whether you see him again or not.

5. offmychest

offmychest Guest

You didnt know he was in a relationship. He is in the relationship not you. Domt answer the phone number. It could be him calling you from a different number or it could be a creditor or telemarketer. Who knows. But cut it off with him. He is a cheater and even if he dumps his girlfriend for you , you could be cheated on next.

6. indiqo

whilst I think it's understandable to feel guilty, I don't think it's correct. you didn't know he was in a relationship. even so, to feel guilty would be assuming that the relationship is monogamous. if it is, it was his responsibility to respect those boundaries not you. and he didn't make you aware he was in a relationship. I don't see the importance of his partner being female, he may not only be attracted to males, physically or emotionally.

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

What a TOOL! You are not in the wrong here HE is! Argh WHY is he in a relationship with a girl if hes not into her? No offense but gay guys who use women as their beards just come across as pathetic and weak to me. He needs to grow up. Tell him to tell his girlfriend and if he refuses you should consider telling her yourself without making her think you knew he was in a relationship with her. Because you didnt. Tell her the truth.

He's the one in the wrong trust me!

8. Voidivine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are all blind. He does not have a girlfriend. Facebook information is mostly shaped to build the popularity. Call that number and see yourself.

9. deffo not your fault, he should of been honest and he wasnt.
    dont feel bad, its his fault, not yours at all.
    i wouldnt answer the number incase it is his gf and then you get inbetween some breakup thing and it gets messy. ignore the number and ignore him if you see him out again, he should of been honest to you. deffo not your fault.

10. Voidivine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do not ignore the call. Think rationally. Remember, that most relationships end on an impulse. And you are bringing an end to this. You arr mistaken. He has no girlfriend.

11. Quiet Raven

While I wouldn't be so sure he has no girlfriend, it is worth considering the possibility. I would say talk to him, confront him about it and see what he says. Maybe contact the girl too and ask her.

He might be cheating, he might not.

If he is, I will say what everyone else is saying. You are guilty of nothing.

12. Voidivine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thus do not ignore the call. That would show you the truth. Stop being passive.

13. crazyDepression

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    But still at the same time , if he is in a relationship with a girl for 5 years and it would be on facebook and he didnt inform of wether there's any break up or anything let alone coming out as gay at a bar to hook up with men we wont really know the story of his , So what i suggest is that you do talk to him and I understand how you would feel guilty so why not approach the apparent girlfriend and ask her the question whether they are still is a relationship or somethin

14. Quiet Raven

Yeah, that's what I meant.

15. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel guilty, and don't feel like you have a responsibility to do anything, it is his mess and he will end up having to sort it out for himself.

16. Voidivine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Answer. The. Call.

It is too simple to panic and run away. You might lose your very own mate.

17. whatdoIneed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first thought was you should stay away from him- he cheated on the gf and may have led you on about his intentions. However, other posters have made a good point- the FB relationship post may be a cover. I'd ask him about it. If you don't want to call him send a FB message. Did you check the gfs FB to see if it says she's in a relationship with him? Are there any pictures posted that confirm the relationship? As to the phone call try a reverse number lookup site. There are also sites that list "junk call" numbers so you can see if it's a telemarketer. If it was the gf, she'd likely have left you a nasty voice Mail.

If he DOES have a gf, he's the one in the wrong. You didn't know he was cheating.

18. Lewis

There are pictures of them together, kissing and comments such as 'aw so cute together' etc. So I'm pretty sure he's in a relationship with the girl.

Thanks for the advice. Just going to stay away!

19. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

If I was you I would corner him. And tell the poor girl the truth. She doesn't deserve to be used as a beard. He's a pathetic slob. Argh I hate cheaters.

20. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly... he can't go on living his life this way, hurting girls and guys, just to have his cake and eat it. You have a moral obligation, but of course, it's still your life and your choice, so we can't force you.

No good can come out of being involved with someone closeted and partnered.