1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Parxed, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Parxed

Hey,

I am 18 years old and from germany.
    I have some big issues with identify my sexual orientation.
    On the physical and sexual hand I am attracted to guys (since I am 14).
    But I dont really have close male friends. I dont know why that is the case, but I have more shared interests with girls...
    On the emotional hand I cant see me being together with a guy or a girl. I never fell in love... But who I can identify my sexual orientation if I dont know if I can love a male...
    The only thing I know is that I like the characters from girls more than from guys. Of course not everyone, but in general.
    But there is the issue that I dont have so much contact with guys... I talk to them and can party and stuff like that with them, but I dont have such a strong emotional bond with males than with girls...
    So how I can know if I love mens or girls? What counts more: emotional or physical?
    Because I really dont like to idea of having sex with a women...

Sorry for that long text and my english... I really hope someone can help me, because I have no idea what to do.

Greets

Parxed

2. AnnoNemus

There is a reason it's called "sexual" orientation, and not "sexual and romantic" orientation. Although it doesn't occur as frequently (to my knowledge), it is possible for your romantic and physical attractions to not agree. From what you said, I believe the most technical term for what you are would be something like "aromantic homosexual", given that you said you can't see yourself being together with a guy or a girl.

3. I am Kakashi

Aromantic homosexual is also the label that I would most likely assume, BUT it is up to you to decide how to identify. Just kind of confirming. :slight_smile: