1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello People.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by RollandFace, Dec 28, 2014.

1. RollandFace

Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently decided that it was time for me to stop fighting with my sexuality and just deal with it. I'm 23 years old, and have known for at least 7 years that I'm more sexually and emotionally attracted to men than woman. Why did i fight these feelings for 7 years? Well, my entire family, immediate and relatives, are all devote Assembly of God Pentecostal Christians. Actually, my father is a Pastor and i have grown up in the church my entire life. So the reason i joined this forum is because I'm really scared right now and i don't have many people i can talk to about it. If this forum wasn't anonymous you would never hear me admit that. haha

2. Candace

Hello and welcome to EC! :smilewave :welcome: It's a pleasure to meet you :slight_smile:

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! ^.^

4. Gay Cody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. pinguina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello! I hear you, I've known I was gay for years and I've only dared come out to very few people and it still scares me. Joined this place for the same reasons.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

8. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome RollandFace. I'm another newbie and I sense ECs is going to get addicting. Hopefully with this new addiction will come understanding, self acceptance, and the end to fear and intimidation. Fear is used to control people. I'm asking myself the question, why do people want to control me? And yes I too know about religious baggage - primarily Christianity. Go find a Unitarian Universalist congregation where you will be accepted and loved.

9. IWICCO

We have already been communicating on another thread but I want to say welcome to EC. I am out to only a few people as well, including my wife. This site has been so helpful and gave me enough courage to come out to my BFF. He was totally cool with it and is supportive. I know you recently did the same. That is your first step and they will get easier.

Keep coming here for support. We have your back!:kiss:

10. ForeverYoung000

11. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm hoping that this post is private...if not, oh well. I have fought with, wondered about my sexuality since I was about 8. I'm now 64. I have never come out except here on EC. I live in a small, conservative town, I am a high school teacher and I go to the same church you do...I'm on the board of deacons. It may not be necessary for you to live your life as I have. I do love my wife and my sons and my grandchildren. It has been a sacrifice. I can't tell you the number of times I've wanted to hug a guy or just hold his hand. Hasn't happened and won't be happening for me. The vow I took meant something. But you have your entire life yet to live. Believe me I know the A/G doctrine on homosexuality. But churchs have disagreed on other topics also...some of these disagreements lead to wars and thousands of deaths. You can pray that your parents will put the love of their son first and allow the disagreement over the scripture to be put aside at least for a while so that emotions could settle. Message me any time and I will try to be quick with a reply.