1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News NYC transit discourages "manspreading" on subways

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by MintberryCrunch, Dec 23, 2014.

1. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Some of those guys are pretty hot--they can spread it for me all they want :wink:

Okay, in all seriousness, clearly the real issue is the fact that they are taking up multiple seats doing this, especially ones who use their bags to take up seats.

2. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but most people let go of their groceries, backpacks, etc. Trust me, on both the public bus and the subway to school, people will take up extra seats next to them on it.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2014 at 10:06 AM ----------

On a subway in NYC during rush hour, it's bound to be crowded. Were you on the subway during rush hour? Manspreading isn't as big of a problem as the people who take up unnecessary space, such as putting the bag next to their feet/on the seat next to them instead of between their legs. I understand that it can be hard to be a tall person on a subway, but it's hard for anyone to be on a subway. The point is, there are two types of people. 1) The people who grin and bear it for the 10-30 minutes they're on the train. 2) The people who make the ride comfortable for themselves and unpleasant for anyone around them.

3. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

That's how it looks but that isn't even an NYC subway lol.

I can't speak for the public bus, but there are people who let go of their stuff. I'm just saying, smart women wouldn't.
    I was on the subway at rush hour and it was crowded, four people at one pole. It was so crowded that I couldn't even look around to see if anyone was manspreading. Yes, there are those two types of people, you are right.

4. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, and if you have some kind of physical or medical condition which forces you to sit in such a way that it takes up extra space, then you should probably self-seat in the 'elderly & disabled' sections of public transit - where preferred seating is given to those with such conditions.

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2014 at 09:28 PM ----------

Also: :roflmao: I think this says it all!

5. Silver Springs

I sit with my legs crossed over, so I wouldn't be affected.

The Chinese government released a rather odd advertisement targeting tourists to Australia, advising them against spitting and public urination. Off topic, haha.

6. WallWeed

Haha, good grief, this is so ridiculous it's almost humorous. Whoever decided to call this "manspreading" is an idiot, plain-and-simple. As a biological female, I unconsciously sit with a noticeable gap, but I'll far more quickly hop up and give up my seat to anyone before I would obnoxiously take up extra space in a crowd. This isn't a gender issue, it's a common courtesy issue.