1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If there was a pill that is proven to change sexual orientation..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Dec 22, 2014.

?

I would make the pill available to?

1. Only in extreme cases when self-acceptance is not possible

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. As a option for those who wants self-acceptance

14 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. No one at all

36 vote(s)
    42.4%
  4. Publicly available

15 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I think if they did make this kind of pill that they should make it completely optional and in no way force it on people, which would probably not happen because there would probably be many people who would use this to claim that we should all be forced to take it so we can have a completely heterosexual society.

2. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

No one at all most voted?....Lol..I am sorry not everyone can afford to be gay. You can handle it? great, but not everyone can. Some people end up killed for it, or live their whole lives miserable.

I would pick public/self acceptance. Public as in, it's available but needs to be prescribed. So it needs assessment and making sure legally who is ingesting the medication.

It's not your business how others choose to deal with their sexuality. It's not your life, to decide what they should handle.

Also, I would take that pill. Gay men are rare to find, rarer to be out and proud, and with all the social pressure to break it off, rarer to maintain a long relationship with. Sorry I want an easy life if available thanks.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it could help people in countries where homosexuality is punishable by death, then I'd give it to them in a heartbeat. If they're not in any danger, though, I'd say, "Tough shit". I'd have the drug be available as a prescription for people who really need it.

TL;DR: This solution seems like something that should be reserved for cases where the gay person's life is in danger because of their sexuality.

4. AKTodd

It's interesting to me that everyone seems to be assuming that the only way this technology would be used is to change LGBT people into straight people. Why assume that that is the only option? There is plenty of documented evidence (here and elsewhere) of straight people who don't have a problem with LGBT people as well as straight people who are 'curious'. So, if these types of pills (or whatever) existed, what's to stop straight people from becoming something else, even if only temporarily? For that matter, what's to stop someone from switching from gay to bi or to pan or the like? If we add in the ability to change gender, why wouldn't people potentially change gender multiple times through their lives as a normal part of their life experience (this assumes that the tech has the ability to make you feel comfortable in whatever gender it changes you into)?

That some number of bigots would shoot their mouths off about it (I actually suspect many of them would be vastly more rabid about suppressing such a pill than anyone here has been actually) doesn't really impress me. They've been shooting their mouths off for decades now and steadily losing. Then we can also look at the example of religion, something that is without doubt a matter of choice - people used to fight wars over it across Europe - and there are certainly places in the world where this goes on. But in much of the world, no one really much cares about your religion.

Why couldn't something similar happen with this sort of technology, assuming that it were developed soon enough in the future that human civilization still bore any resemblance to our modern world?

Todd

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You guys can take it all you want
    I still say "No dick for me!" :dry:, I love being a lesbian :slight_smile:(!)
    Plus I get great orgasms , and I like sex so I'm not passing up on that .
    My dating pool may be small , I get harass by straight men and because I'm feminine I can't get a date because other women don't know I'm lesbian but I still love being a lesbian sure their are some crap parts but I love being gay .

#45 stocking, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very funny.

A more toned down version of that (the exaggerated brooding look and the overly gym sculpted musculature) would look great, but I wouldn't want to be such a person.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this pill were to really exist, at least we wouldn't get half a dozen of these threads every year with essentially the same question.

8. Mickz

This, all cute girls people shall be given.... THE PILL mwuahahahah :goodevil:

9. White Knight

They are understandable. Even with my sweet transition to gay world I had my moments/days where I wish I was straight.

When you are young there are many friends around... one by one they get married and you feel left out. While they talk about their goals, especially ones about their children... you feel lost.

Hmm... why I am telling this I wonder?

10. Kinyayo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I choose other because it should be available only to those who really wish to change their sexual orientation. I mean the one could buy a pill and put it into someones food or drink or force someone to take it. So the availability should be very restricted as the hormone replacement therapy which is available only for transgender people. But did you think if there's a pill that turns gay to straight then there definitely will be another one that is doing exactly the opposite which adds even more problems.

11. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    To much power in one pill in my opinion

12. Centore

Centore Guest

I would never make it available. What if some religious fanatic sneaked one of these pills into your drink and you were in a relationship with someone that you wouldn't be attracted to while being straight? It would be horrible.

13. SecretRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so I would make this pill available to everyone who wants it. HOWEVER. I would not condone anyone forcing someone to change their sexuality if they do not want to. Like I would be okay if let's say a gay man is not happy with his sexuality and wants acceptance, well I think that's his prerogative and I think he should be able to do that. But if the pill is used for forcefully converting people because negative religious views, etc. Well then that's not A okay with me. But then again, someone could sneak the pill into food or something so there's a lot of risk by releasing a pill like this so maybe it's best that it not be given to anyone.

14. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would absolutely not take this if it were available to me. Even if my inability to come out has caused me a great deal of stress, I'm not the least bit upset that I'm gay and have no desire to change that.

Even if it were possible, I hope that something like this never exists. Can you imagine parents giving this to their kids without their consent? Awful.