1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as an adult

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greenbooks82, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Greenbooks82

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 32 years old and I'm finally coming out as a lesbian after getting divorced from my husband of almost 10 years. I'Ve never felt so alone or lost in my life. I live in a relatively conservative area and I'm trying to get out and meet other people who have been in my situation before. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel

2. Really

There are a lot of people with similar stories and many who have words of advice here. Keep reading and asking. You'll feel much better soon enough.

Have you checked out any of these?
    LGBT Meetups near Carmel, Indiana - Meetup

3. jess1531

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Keep your head up and be optimistic! i think that there is a light at every tunnel, there may be some road blocks ahead but always a light at the end of the tunnel! but honestly just be you and only you thats the best you can be! and those who matter don't mind and those mind don't matter!

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you've accomplished so much already! you got the divorce, you're out, and you're ready to move to the next phase. are there any LGBT meetups in Indianapolis? Or any other social groups, or gay friendly churches? It can really help just to get involved in activities with other people like us, and to just make some friends who understand. so glad you're with us! (&&&) :welcome:

5. Greenbooks82

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone! I'm starting my life over from scratch. I'm trying to get myself out there socially. One day at a time is all I can do

6. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with wildside, find a gay friendly church that may have a support group.