1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst accident you've ever had...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GArchi1992, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My life is comprised of these.

2. justbehappy

Okay, I had my fair share of injuries along the years. Broke my finger while playing basketball, tripped and hit my head in a furniture made out of bricks ( ended up needing stitches ).
    But the worst so far was that this year I was hit by a car. I literally flew like, 9ft. It was awful.
    But the worst part was being on the ground and then after checking I was alive, thinking to myself: " My mom is gonna kill me !" ( I was run-over in a crosswalk, right after my mom left me there so that I could go to school )

3. Burnedcloset

I feel down a stair and dislocated my knee. That was around 4 years ago though.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There's a few that are pretty bad, but "the worst"?

Car accident, when I was 19. I was recklessly driving and, well, lost control and endured a rough impact. In pain, bleeding and bruised, having passing thoughts in patches of fuzz, and so on. Going about 90 MPH in a 55 MPH zone... not exactly a bright idea.

Definitely the closest to death, I've ever been. For that reason, it is the worst accident I've ever had; and hopefully, it's the worst I'll ever have as well.

5. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea, i was pretty much destined to be a human crash test dummy right from the start. I have scars hidden in my eyebrow and hair line that are results of stitches from falling while climbing the cabinets when I was like 4. Another one hidden in the "soul patch" part of my beard where I bit though my lip trying to ramp my big wheel (plastic tricycle popular in the 80's) off the porch about the same age.

I've been over the handlebars of bicycles or my ATV and suffered trail/road rash more times than I care to count. Though the one that really stands out was when I was about 14-15. Me and my cousin were riding our bicycles to a friend's house that I hadn't been to before. The driveway was on a down grade and my cousin said that it was the driveway at the bottom. Being a showoff I decided that I was going to bomb off the hill and make the turn at full speed. I probably approached the driveway at approximately 40mph when I hit the cow grate (for those who don't know these are a series of metal pipes approximately two inches in diameter spaced 5-6 inches apart and about 8-10 inches of drop under them they are an amazing bicycle tire catcher) that my cousin failed to mention. I went over to bars, knocked two strands of barbed wire down on my way through, smashed my head on a rock, and just for fun got mugged by my bike as it came over the fence and followed me. You can figure how many cuts I received from the barbed wire, broke a finger, and had a mild concussion.

The single worst accident I have ever had as far as injury is concerned was when I was 20. I used to roof houses and fell off one over 40ft. Broke the same finger and my left wrist also knocked myself out.

And the most recent one I was using my pocket knife when the blade lock failed letting the blade slam closed on my thumb requiring 5 stitches.

6. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think the worst one I had was when I was about 4 and my neighbours had an albino rabbit with red eyes, I had never seen an animal with red eyes before so I wanted to touch them. Obviously not a good idea to repeatedly poke an angry rabbit in the eye, he bit off the top of my index finger, I remember just starting at my finger bone and the tip was hanging by a piece of skin. Went to the hospital and got it stitched back on, I have a small scar left and I'm not very fond of albino rabbits anymore lol

7. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when i slid and cut my leg in two different spots one 6' the other 3' long both ripped into the mussel one cut a blood vessel together they required 47 staples

or when i broke my ankle and my groth plate slipped out

#27 Meadowlark17, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  8. CyanChachki

I don't remember it but my parents got into a car accident when I was two. I was in the back and the right side of my bottom lip was split in half. I still have the scar to prove it.

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a freshman in HS, I broke the bone behind my eye. Luckily it didn't move. If it would have, it could have been fatal. Had a black eye the size of a golf ball for a month.

10. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was around 8 I was riding my bike barefoot which my mother told me that if she caught me doing it again I would lose the bike for rest of the summer. So I caught my middle toe on my left foot in the pedal somehow and compound fractured it. Instead of going to tell my mother I snuck into the house with my foot wrapped in a towel. I cleaned it really well and poked the bone back into place and wrapped it up. I kept it hidden from my parents for the rest of the summer until it healed. I have no idea how it did not get infected! I went swimming in the very polluted river behind my house! It might be important to know I have a very high pain tolerance.

11. Joelouis

Got hit by a motorbike when I was eleven, my ankle took the brunt and still clicks every step I take when I go upstairs.

Jumped off a wall when I was twelve and landed knee-first (that hurt!).

Crashed my first car and ended up upside down in the middle of the road.

Driving back from Spain, my foster parents refused to stop the car even though I felt really car-sick. Eventually threw up and wet myself at the same time!

12. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was young, I fell 20 ft out of a tree and landed on my back. I couldn't walk for about several days afterwards. Live and learn eh...

Ive also been electrocuted off the mains by a faulty radio. Most painful thing I've ever experienced...

Happy days :slight_smile:

13. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I fell off a ski lift. Luckily, I only fractured my fifth metatarsal, not a huge deal.

14. Quiet Raven

I was greatly injured due to an accident of two bullies. They threw me into a ditch, and I happened to land on a glass bottle. Pierced deep into my wrist. Still have the scar.

This is kinda scary to think about, because if I was thrown in just a little differently, it could have been my neck that was pierced.

I'm lucky to be alive.

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 19 and working on the tarmac at a local airport. as I was backing up my pick-up truck with the front wheels pointed right, I suddenly smashed the driver's seat window into the wingtip of a Piper Cherokee...the wingtip was damaged and the undercarriage collapsed from being shifted sideways which meant the other wing hit the ground.

Yep...lost my job for that...

16. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Last year when I was on holidays we were at a farm. And there was a go-cart, We road it half way down the hill until there was a wire fence. This go cart didn't have a brake so we just turned up the hill to brake it. I did that but it just turned around and started to go down hill again to the wire fence. My neck got caught on the wire which kinda slowed it down a little and then somehow I manged to get under the fence and not go down the really really steep valley. I had a giant bruise on the side of my neck for a week. Mum Said I was lucky I didn't go down the valley or the wire didn't hurt me seriously or that bit of the fence didn't have barb wire becasue the rest did.

17. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was about 2 or 3 I got ran over. I can remember being under the car and that was it. I think I only got minor scratches.

18. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was scraping the ice off of the windshield a few years ago and while walking around the car to get to the other side, I fell on the ice and broke my elbow.

19. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Worst that's happened is that I broke my toe in fifth grade while wrestling with my dad. Also dislocated my shoulder when I was a toddler, because of my dad. DAD, Y U DO DIS.

20. bioticvanguard

Out Status:
    A few people
    when i was in kindergarten, i ran into a bench and got stitches right above my eye. then in 6th grade, i completely broke my finger while playing basketball. then a couple years ago i almost broke my knee and ankle.

i'm a clutz so it isn't surprising at all.