1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was found out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by David21201, Dec 19, 2014.

1. OOC73

^^^ This.

People come to awareness at all different ages. Some know from as young as five or six. They might not know the deeper implications of what that means to them at that age, but they know what they like and they know what they don't.

It is not our job here to judge or second-guess or sleuth out frauds. It is our job to support one another. And we do an awesome job of it. (!)

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I absolutely agree. I was posting in response to the fact that someone had expressed doubt of what she was saying. did you misread?

3. OOC73

Nope, I was reinforcing what you said by pointing at it and saying "This" because I agree with it ;-) I too was a little unsettled by the person who expressed doubt.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

thanks. so you can see that I am a bit insecure! I don't know if it comes from a life in the closet (you know, "you really wouldn't like me if you knew I was gay") or if it just comes from being insecure.:redface:

5. OOC73

Oh, I know that feeling. It's what basically holds me back from telling the world - when part of me wants to shout it from the rooftops. If it helps, you really don't come across as insecure on here. You sound very self-assured and like you really understand yourself well. You should take some of that out with you from here - I was proud of you for standing up and challenging the assumption that OP was not being truthful.

:thumbsup: You're awesome. Start believing it. One day, it might actually stick :grin:

6. David21201

Yeah that hurt me i just didnt want to argue cause you know haters gonna hate lol!

7. OOC73

Please don't. There should be NO haters here. Just because one person doesn't understand how you came to be where you are means very little and I hope that they didn't mean for it to come across as confrontational as it reads.

What you are dealing with is very much real and important to you, and accordingly to us. Don't be put off. There are many of us who are listening and who do understand. xx

8. David21201

thanks again

9. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    rubix413 (*hug*)

I'm really sorry you're going through this horrible time.

I just want you to know that we're thinking of you, *I'm* thinking of you, and keeping you in my heart & thoughts and prayers (the good kind, not the homophobic stupid kind) right now.

You're not alone.

Just absorb the hugs here, and keep moving forward...one day at a time.

Keep your chin up. Or try. I know it's hard. But maybe if that chin stays up, even in front of disapproving family or grandparents that have been told without your consent - and if you act like you're unashamed (which you have NO reason to be!!!), then folks will realize that they just need to f*ck on off and shut their yammering yaps because there's no big deal here.

They're the ones that need to realize that homosexuality is NORMAL, it happens regularly in living sexual beings - and they need to get over their freakout about this natural thing and grow up.

*big hugs*

You're gonna be okay. Just keep hanging out here and we're gonna help you stay sane and get through.

With much love,
    all paths
    (&&&)

10. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew when I was 12, and fully accepted at 15. But that was a long time ago and I think I would have accepted sooner if it was things are as they are now.

11. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

that's so sad were all here for you

12. David21201

I really want to thank all of you for helping me. I am talking to my mom tonight about everything...i hope everything goes well...

13. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :slight_smile: (*hug*)

(And I apologize for my ranty rant about your mom & etc. I know that people who have difficulty accepting LGBT things are just struggling, themselves. It's just the stupid, thoughtless things that they end up doing while they're at it that chap my hide. lol Sorry, for any of you struggling straight-people/parents who may be reading. :icon_sad: )

14. Wildside

Wildside Guest

good luck with that talk! I hope that your mom listens, and understands. we're here for you! (&&&)

15. David21201

*sigh*

Talked a bit...She blamed my clothes and music. She still wont give me privacy (Shes taking my fucking door). My gf isnt allowed in my room if im in there with the door closed. We cannot sleep in the same bed...i dont even WANT to have sex.....yet.... :"› We cant even get back together (not that we really broke up in the first place) My mom was saying no matter where i touch my gf itd be inappropriate because she is a midget. (Those were my mothers words. My gf has dwarfism and im not that much of an ass to use the "m" word...)

I thought about cutting... my stepdad didnt help any. He just made everything worse...

16. Wildside

Wildside Guest

don't cut. that will make things worse. you know that. and you know how addictive it is. you took a step forward, you showed courage and you spoke to her. and you know that you will have opportunities to be with your friend. even with your door open, you're still with your friend. and of course, touching is sexual, so that could be a problem.

17. David21201

...true...true... i find her door open thing OK but i know its going to get annoying when we are trying to have conversations that we dont want my sister hearing

18. Orange Bananas

It might feel hopeless now, but eventually your family will realize that you are still a wonderful person and if they can't they don't have to be a part of your life as soon as you can make that decision. (*hug*)

19. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2: Ugh.

I'm so sorry. The ignorance is rampant in your house. *hugs*

I don't know what to say for you except just try to not bring it up with them any more...and be who you really are away from home. (Of course, don't take any pains to HIDE who you are AT home, but I wouldn't bother to talk to them about it any more.)

I just...ugh. I know you have a number of more years before you can be out of there, and I feel awful for the way you're going to have to deal and live. But the more you know who you are and the more you be you when & where you're free to do so, the stronger psychologically you'll be, & grow.

Surround yourself with supportive friends and your gf, and if there's a GSA at your school at all, I'd join it.

You're not alone.

I'd be careful though about letting them see your internet activities on here (DO stay!! though), so that they don't try to become even more invasive and take internet access away from you at home. (Do you have your own smartphone at least, so you can be on the internet that way? I do realize since you're 13 they probably pay for it though.)

Just...lemme give you this. (*hug*)

You have us. (&&&)

20. David21201

I cant join GSA for two reasons, my middle school doesnt have one and in high school my mom is a teacher there so she's gonna be breathing down my neck.

I use my wonderful 3DS to access internet when I am away from a laptop. I have been clearing my history more frequently. I only have a house phone until i can pay the bill for my own phone.

Going back to my mom being a teacher. I have 5 months where I can be myself at school. That changes once I get into high school. When I am high school I have to be "my mother's good little Christian daughter". It sucks cause I dont even understand the point of religion. Everybody at the high school knows that I am a darker person and like more absurd things. I HAVE to change because of my mom. High school dances I cant go with girls because my mom will be chaperoning. So basically I have a few months left of freedom.