1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News A 9-Year-Old Girl Sent This Beautiful Letter To Her Teacher After He Came Out As Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Hiems, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Hiems

2. RainDreamer

Re: A 9-Year-Old Girl Sent This Beautiful Letter To Her Teacher After He Came Out As

That was...beautiful. Sometimes I wonder when those bigots scream "Think about the kids!", do they actually ever think about the kids and what they want?

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Re: A 9-Year-Old Girl Sent This Beautiful Letter To Her Teacher After He Came Out As

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

4. Manta

I hope someday I'll have the opportunity to come out to the kids I work with as well, without fear of parent retaliation :newcolor:

5. ChameleonSoul

Alright, who brought out the onions?! :tears:

6. VioletSpark

What a lovely piece! I applaud the headmaster for being supportive of his teachers - regardless of their life outside of school.

7. Hitch

OMG, they should be teaching these kids about sex!!!!!

I teach elementary school kids and I would never have the balls to do what he did.

8. Quiet Raven

Beautiful.

9. Candace

Bravo!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I am more hopeful of the future because of children like her! :icon_bigg Absolutely a stunning and amazing letter :grin::thumbsup:

10. Molly1977

So cute, this has made my day xxxxx

11. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

That's so wonderful and cute! In the future I would like to work in a school like that.

12. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

9 years old and already more mature than about half the adults in the country. :eusa_clap

Like one of the commenters on there said, goes to show hatred and ignorance are taught.

13. ReadyToTell

ReadyToTell Guest

I've had lot of gay teachers, and they are often more composed and really into teaching compared to most other ones. I bet this girl got a great phone call home!

14. JustKat

I work in a kindergarten classroom as an assistant. One of the girls noticed my rainbow bracelet and she said "I know that means you like girls like you and that's OK. I know because my mommy & daddy took me to a parade and lots of girls were holding girls hands and lots of boys were holding boys hands." and then she walked away. I love how generally accepting children are.

15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Aww that is cute too~! ^.^♥

16. SecretRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

That's so sweet!:eusa_clap
    This is why I want to work with kids. They are so accepting and radiant. They're little balls of happy energy!

17. SpiritBird

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

This makes me so happy. Kids are generally a lot more accepting than people give them credit for. I've always said it's so much easier to teach children about love than to teach children about hate.

18. Rainbows~Exist

Strange that kids these days act more grown up than adults...

19. Penpal

Someone to be proud of :slight_smile:

20. Sapphy

I always say that children and animals are the most accepting and least judgemental beings. You will never find a bigoted or hateful child unless they have been taught to be that way. An example is the video of the WBC child who is holding a hate speech placard: an interviewer (I think Louis Theroux?) asks her if she knows what the placard means, and she says she doesn't. So incredibly sad.

On a more positive note, the letter in the OP is wonderful. What a fantastic little girl!!!