1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 30th one!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So today I came out to one of my best friends friend and her reaction was acceptance. I started out with no one in 8th grade and had the courage to tell my friend (now best friend) that I'm gay. I slowly started coming out to people in college and for the first time in forever I don't feel criticized as much. Although I do get anxiety when I go to my high school. But as of today I now have 30 people who know that I'm gay and I plan to tell more later on. The more people I tell I'm gay, the more stronger and liberated I feel. Wish me luck for the future.

2. Gallatin

Wow, having come out to 30 people is a great accomplishment. Congratulations for that. Good luck in the future, and let us know how things go. :slight_smile:

3. shinji

shinji Guest

While I do applaud your courage and think it's admirable, I would also like to advise you to stop treating this as a "numbers game". There should come a point where you simply stop counting (and caring) how many people know about you. It's simply not healthy to have to think about each and every one of them, the idea that you must come out to them one by one. It will help you feel more open and free in the outside world, especially around people who you do not know.