1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My father will not talk to me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gaynerd64, Dec 17, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

Apparently I've started speaking in a rather dull tone (Speaking in any other tone causes my voice to crack) and it drives my father crazy. I can not more then a sentence to him or he gets annoyed by voice and tells me to go away. My mother has no problem with my voice and my grandfather is pleased by it. It is just my father. I want to trust him, but if issues like this prevent me from even speaking to him then I see no point in trying.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

The problem your father has with your voice seems a bit superficial, are you sure there are no underlying issues that bother him?

I would suggest to sit together with him and your mother and discuss what is exactly bothering him, so you can both get past this.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That seems like a very weird reason for your father not to talk to you. It may be worth talking to your mom about the problem and see if she can help you somehow.

4. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is actually horrible. I'm sorry that your father is like that.

5. jess1531

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why would your father be like that? it makes no sense. Has anything been bothering your father lately that would result him in taking it out on you? have you noticed anything different or do you think it is directly because of your voice? be upfront and honest with him, and tell him that it hurts you...he is your father after all, so i am very sorry that he chooses to act that way!