1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends deactivated Facebook, Is he okay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friend who i met 3 months ago in college he only joined Facebook like 3-4 months here and has suddenly deactivated his account in the middle of December.He 's a cute guy, changes profile pic multiple times a day, lots of selfies, just the right amount of muscle similar height, share tastes in music tv etc, we have good chats, it broke the ice so i could look at him in the eye in real life, lol. For him to just disappear like that I wonder what happened...

2. Rainbows~Exist

Hmmm strange... maybe he just got fed up of Facebook? I can't blame him really.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was once an article that many middle age + LGBT folks are not good candidates for Facebook, it exacerbates depression, and many are opting out. I believe this phenomenon began at either age 40 or 45, based on the article. The OP's situation may not fit, but I thought I'd toss that out. With so many married people showing off their kids, possessions, vacations, and other social accoutrements to the point of being nauseating, I guess leaving could be understandable.

4. PatrickPH

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you final exams coming soon or are you currently doing them? I know some friends deactivate their Facebook account during this time because they don't want to be distracted by Facebook. I think this might explain your friend's behaviour especially if you say he is usually very active on Facebook...

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a friend who was a Facebook regular … then he just quit
    turned out he was just tired of spending about an hour a day on it … and wanted to get his life back

another friend disconnected and then just reactivate his account again after a few weeks..

so i wouldn't get too worried about it

6. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No they were done 2 weeks ago

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2014 at 09:58 PM ----------

I experience the sadness and jealously on seeing other people in relationships when watching straight friends, maybe he is too.

7. Blossom85

I think sometimes it is a way of reconnecting with a simpler way of life, before facebook rules you and you have a need to post everything.. I go on a few times a day to see what's happening, but I don't make it my life.

8. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got rid of mine a few years ago. The reason I told people was I was tired of the spam from thegames that were popular at the time, and I was tired of chasing the constantly changing security settingsthat kept. Defaulting to wide open. Both of those were true, but there's also that it came very close to outing me to family more times than I can count.

9. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I almost got outed on Facebook, Its full of fake profiles and cyber bullies, after that i really cracked down on my privacy, removed alot of friends too.

10. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are on good terms with your friend in real life maybe just ask him? You don't have to turn it into a deep and probing question about his reasoning, just casually mention it and see how he responds. There really could be many, many reasons for it.

11. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He reactivated and is functioning as usual I'd never ask him why because i may look like a stalker.