1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't stop thinking about him...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

He's so beautiful.

2. bornthiswaybby

I'm gaining some frustration... I am always trying to make him feel happy and I do things for him and I always answer his messages immediately, but I can see that he doesn't seem to do the same for me. He ignored my earlier message, and I sent him a message saying "goodnight, have a good sleep" as always. He is able to use facebook messenger and be active on there, but not message me back... I feel like if I place value on him, I would hope the same would be returned. I don't expect to be his main priority whatsoever but I feel like my presence isn't as appreciated to him as his is to me.

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I would talk with him to make sure you two are on the same page where your relationship is. Are you seeing him for dates frequently, occasionally?

If your level of involvement isn't being reciprocated, you should maybe slow down a bit.

I finally had enough of my bae being a yo-yo in his interactions with me, and had to friend-zone him. My hope and heart kept yo-yoing up and down with his mood, and how he was communicating/behaving. Sometimes cold, sometimes warm, a few times very romantic. And then back again. I'm not ready for a relationship like that, and we've set boundaries to keep us platonic, and friends. We still care deeply about each other, but not feeling like my feelings were being reciprocated consistently was driving me crazy.

We both need time to figure ourselves out before we get into a deep, emotional and physical relationship. I'm fine with that, it was the uncertainty that was upsetting my balance, "damaging my calm."

4. bornthiswaybby

We see eachother once or twice a week, and spend the entire day together generally. We live a couple hours apart so that's the only reason we don't get to see eachother as frequently. We've already been intimate in the bedroom several times and I find in person a bit more affection is shown but I don't know. I suppose maybe my values regarding sexual intimacy are more linked to romance? I would never be intimate with someone who meant nothing to me. I think I let my feelings wander freely and set no boundaries, which may tend to rush me into things.

5. Trooper

If you overdo it, you'll risk pushing him away, even if he cares about you. I wouldn't read too much into his lack of a reply to your message wishing him a goodnight. It can get tiring to send e.g. goodnight messages just for the sake of doing so (not that there's anything wrong with your message, I only mean it in the long run, especially if you expect a reply every time). Try to be more relaxed. :slight_smile:

You can decide to confront him about things, but that would risk causing a reaction from him that might not be positive.

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I'm the same way about sex and love. So far, the 2 hookups I had were fun, but meaningless (other than for discovery.)