1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I introduced myself as Kal face to face for the first time today, it felt so good. And my leg hair and armpit hair is growing out and I braved the gym showing it off.

2. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'M GETTING MY FIRST BINDER AND IT'S FROM GC2B!!!!! AHHH!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! My NB friend is buying it for me since I'm not out to my parents. I can already feel my dysphoria getting dramatically better:grin: I feel like screaming it from the rooftops(!):icon_bigg

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice. You're braver than me. I recently had three opportunities to use my male name and chickened out. 1. They asked for my name when I ordered pizza 2. When I got a haircut 3. When I signed up for a discount membership at the pharmacy. It felt so wrong to tell them my old name and yet I couldn't get the new one to come out.

Also I've been rather hesitant about wearing anything that shows off my body hair at the gym, but I haven't even gone in a long time.

God grant me the strength to squeak out in my clearly female voice "I'm Patrick" XD

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's too soon to call, but things might be looking up for me and my husband. He has ties to the ACLU through activism work he did as a teenager, and someone he's known for years (who also officiated our wedding) gave us some contact information about who we can get in touch with to get our names changed before January; which is something the ACLU and other groups are trying to do for trans people in need of getting their legal work done before "Cheeto Hitler" gets into office.

I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm really hoping we can get our shit worked out soon. If shit does go down and it's up to the state to decide, then we should be find because Pennsylvania is a blue state and our governor is a damn godsend when it comes to LGBTQ equality and other things.

tl;dr: If everything works out, my partner and I might be able to get our names changed, which I hope means will lead to our gender markers getting taken care of (even though he's more of an X).

5. CamN15

Two victories:

1. My first binder has arrived in the post at my friend's house so I am picking it up tomorrow and I can't wait!!

2. I was in a queue with two of my friends and a man needed to pass us and said "Excuse me lads" :grin:

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my dad's starting to get used to the fact that I'm kind of a, lets say, 'gender deviant' and he gave me a couple of his old t-shirts.

8. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dude don't get me wrong, I talked myself into wearing shorts and a tank top. I ended up going "FUCK IT!". Only once did I actually think about it while I was there. And with the name thing, Kal is a little more neutral than Patrick so I can see where the dilemma comes. Try pysching yourself up and forcing yourself to say it, because the hardest part is thinking about it.

9. Lulamoon

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I introduced myself as Ashley to a new co-worker. The manager tonight called me by my legal name a few times, so the newbie's probably going to call me that. :frowning2: Guess I'll find out the next time I work with him.

The general manager also stopped by for a bit to help with a problem. While she was there, she complimented my nails. :slight_smile:

10. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also have the problem of having so much body hair (particularly on my legs) that it is barely considered normal for a cis man lol.

I think you might have been wise to choose a name that isn't so distinctly male. I'm sure it will make your transition a little easier during that in between period. Until I start passing, I am outing myself every time I call myself Patrick. I'm considering introducing myself as Ricky until I start really passing.

11. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A few things!

-I'm seeing a therapist to talk about my gender soon
    -I bought an actual packer
    -I came out to a few friends as not cis (but wasn't ready to say anything else yet)

#2651 Alder, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate my body somewhat less!

13. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I treated myself today and got my first Jumper(grey-green with ruffles on the shoulder area) and second Skirt(red plaid, knife pleated skirt).

14. AmyBee

The week started bad what with losing my job (economic reasons, not anything I did at least!) and then the election and all the fighting but it ended today with my mom sticking up for me against her friends and my being able to tell her what a living hell living in that town was for me growing up. She's moving as soon as she can. I'm so proud of her for sticking up not just for me but for herself, too. These people have long been a burr on my ass.

15. SHIELDAgentAlex

This is more on behalf of the guy I like than for me--obviously, seeing as how he's the trans one xD--but whatever. Our new Drama teacher only realized he was biologically female when she saw his audition form for the play. And when I met his Granma I was very confused because she was calling him Jacqueline and I was like, Who's Jackie, and why is Ollie respond--oh wait.

16. Jellal

I had a lovely dream last night where I was faintly aware of my body being nice and feminine, looking like the girl I feel myself to be. I was flying across the country too. I was a witch!
    Overall it was just a really great experience because it felt so right to me. It made me realize how much better life can be if I continue to shed the malaise of maleness. That's one of the things I look forwards to most of all in the future, really feeling comfortable, not just having to settle for accepting things as they are and shrugging off everyone's perceptions.

17. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice

18. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ricky is a cool name!

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2016 at 06:45 AM ----------

I was the biggest guy in the gym today!!!! And I am starting to look noticeably big now, as in double take big. And I put on a few pounds too so I'm happy with that. My first appointment at the gender clinic is next week too, I cannot wait.

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, super small ... stalemate today.

They spelled my name with a K at Starbucks. But they threw in an extra Y.

20. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's genuinely creepy how similar your situation is to mine. I'm also getting my first binder from GC2B, and my NB friend is buying it for me because I'm not out to my parents either. When I read your post I had to double-check that I hadn't written it myself...