1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is so amazing! Good to see she's finally accepting it. My parents are having a lot of trouble letting go of my former name because it's unisex but with hope they'll come around just like your mom has for you!

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep them coming folks

3. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my sister today by jumping out of her closet and throwing glitter everywhere and she proceeded to tell me how she completely knew I was a guy and how she's an awesome detective XD

4. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    After a weekend of feeling angry about many things, I'm excited this morning. I'm working from home and my supplements were delivered. Testobooster is a great supplement for making me feel more masculine. It hardens my muscles and gives me a pump throughout the day.

And I'm also excited to one day get t injections.

5. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is so hilarious! Kudos for you for having some fun with it! Also, congratulations on your sister!

6. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used the men's bathroom the other day and yesterday two little boys looked into the girls toilet after looking at me in confusion.

7. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hormones finally started! I also spoke as a guest speaker for trans in identity in a university class!

8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I ordered some lift inserts for my shoes. They should bring me up to 5'9 so I'll be average height for a guy at least.

9. Ari B

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just found this thread and I'm super excited to read about the little things that make people happier.

Two days ago, I went to work wearing my binder and a t-shirt I got from the men's section (I work in a department store, and it should be noted that I haven't come out to anyone in real life yet). My co-worker, whom I honestly think of as my third grandma, took one look at me and said, "You look relaxed and comfortable today." Her comment made me smile for the rest of the evening, because I never feel comfortable in women's clothing. I feel like I'm faking being female, which I kind of am. Her remark made me feel good for the rest of the day despite my other coworkers and customers calling me by my birth name and female pronouns, which usually just makes my dysphoria worse.

10. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yayyyyy! So happy for you.

11. Ari B

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just went to the store dressed in men's clothing, and no one looked at me twice! :grin: Sure, no one called me "sir" (I went through the self-checkout line because I only had one item), but no one called me "ma'am," either! I'm super stoked right now.

12. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats! Keep it up.

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2016 at 08:53 AM ----------

Small victory today for me was how I perceive myself at work. I realised that I don't actually care about what people think of me, gender wise or other. I don't care. I don't think about these people when I'm at home and I certainly don't fraternise with them. My life is entirely separate. I've just applied for a new job in the same company which I hope I get because it means more money. But the thought of coming out as trans in any role doesn't frighten me. Just the awkward mechanics to get around. Oh and to remind myself I'm trans and I like the idea of one day going on T - I can bring my bottom lip into my mouth and basically feel where the small hairs are just above my chin. Sure, I look odd when I'm doing it but it makes me feel better!

#2192 Kal, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  13. Althidon

I worked a double shift last night. This morning when I left, I was noticeably unshaven.

:grin:

14. Ari B

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks! :grin: I even walked past a girl whom I had a couple of classes with in high school (though she wasn't one of my friends) and she didn't recognize me.

And good luck coming out! (*hug*) I'm still trying to work up the courage to tell everyone that I'm trans.

15. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Right on brother! This forum has helped me massively. I wouldn't be in the mindset that I am without it.

16. Ari B

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I know! Reading about all the little successes people have kind of makes me want to just kick the closet door down and announce to the world, "I'M TRANS!" But that would be a bit weird. :lol:

17. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Baby steps, right? Just to get right with comfort levels. But I'm going to tell my brother this month and then my other family members. I only have a couple of friends so relatively easy on that front.

18. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My shoe lift insert thingies arrived in the mail already. I would highly suggest them to any transman not confident in their height. They add almost two inches and they just look like orthopedic insert devices of some kind. Totally not visible. I got them on amazon and they were super cheap (Ten bucks plus shipping) and hella comfy. I wouldn't suggest like trying to exercise in them as they try to push your feet out of your shoe a bit, but they are fine for walking.

#2198 Rickystarr, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea I was going to say, hidden wedge heels need to be built a certain way, and inserts not originally part of the shoe might make that difficult.

How about with high tops though?

20. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They would be perfect with high tops or boots, but I don't really wear shoes like that. It's not a big deal anyway if you're not doing anything too active in them as long as your pants go down to your shoes. There is still like an inch and a half of space left in my normal shoes for my heels. When I walk my heels just come out of my shoes a tiny bit, almost like I'm wearing flip flops or something but not so extreme. Totally worth it IMO since they are still very comfortable. They even came with extra inserts that add an additional inch, but those really wouldn't work with regular shoes. With the inserts they take up almost the entire heel space. I'm sure they would would very well with boots or high tops though.

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2016 at 02:05 PM ----------

Also I did some measuring, and here are the numbers: The main inserts are actually only 1.25 inches (3 cm). They also come with two different attachments that add additional height (my bad I said just one before). The first attachment adds an extra half inch (1 cm) and the larger one adds about 3/4 of an inch (2 cm). You can't use both attachments at once though. So the max height added is actually 2 (5 cm) inches and the base height is 1.25 inches (3 cm).

#2200 Rickystarr, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016