1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A man's small will be about a women's 6-8.

Sorry I don't know beyond this, I couldn't find a chart but this is what I wear. If you're unsure, you could just take a couple of sizes with you.

2. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I wear an extra small and I'm roughly a woman's 10 - sometimes I can squeeze into an 8 and sometimes I can wear a 12. Men's tops are also a lot longer than woman's clothing; I have really long arms (for an afab person) and women's tops tend to be too short in the arms and body, I've found men's tops to be longer just so you're aware.

This link has resources for tall women or women with big feet, so it might also help? Toxic Bullet's LGBT+ Blog

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found this: Transgender , Transsexual, Crossdresser Sizing Chart for Men and Women

Idk how helpful that is though. If you give some measurements/your size in men's I'm sure there are people on here that could help. Otherwise, just measure yourself and look up women's sizing for whatever store/brand you're looking at on google.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2016 at 11:39 PM ----------

Also keep in mind that American sizes are a little different than European/whatever sizes. I think the numbers are a little larger in European sizes.

4. MrSkittles

Hearing and seeing people using my chosen name and pronouns makes me the happiest person ever. I just have this feeling whenever I'm not misgendered. It feels so great!

5. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I bought some boxer shorts that I wear to bed. The typical boxers that male models used to wear when I was a kid (quite some time ago), with the red and blue check patterns. So light weight and comfortable. Makes me feel very masculine!

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i went to my monthly pflag meeting last night and told them that I've started gender counseling this week and everyone burst into applause. I felt soooo great. people were thanking me for sharing my journey with the group and some asked a few general questions etc. it was sooo fantastic.

7. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My granny's next door neighbour introduced me as her (my granny's) grandson. My granny agreed with her until she realised and corrected the neighbour to granddaughter.

8. thepandaboss

I gave myself my shot and didn't fuck it up :slight_smile: No leakage either! I'm catching on.

And got the insurance a little more figured out. I'm switching to new insurance that'll cover all my transition stuff and actually let me get surgery without a bullshit BMI requirement.

9. iiimee

Wait, BMI requirements are a thing? o.o I'm screwed if it's a high number...

10. KayJay

Set myself on track to getting SRS covered by OHIP (the provincial health insurance). My doctor is gonna write up one of the letters I need and he's gonna find me a social worker to talk to and get a letter from, hopefully.

I'm so glad they changed the requirements to getting OHIP to cover surgery. Used to be ridiculous!

11. AmyBee

If you're wondering about sizes whether you're MtF or FtM or fluid or anything else one REALLY important thing is...

Invest in a tape measure. Or you can get one free at some stores. I used one from Old Navy. It never steered me wrong! Learn how and where to measure yourself. That info's on the web all over and a lot of online clothing stores also tell you how to do it and give you size charts relative to their goods. A tape measure is your friend!

12. thepandaboss

Well with this current insurance it definitely is. And they have a bad rep for it. My BMI's maybe 36 and it needs to get below 34 before my current insurance will let me get top surgery. But it really does vary based on surgeon and insurance company so it's moreso a matter of who you're having surgery with.

In fact, I've even got friends with slightly higher BMIs who were able to get top surgery without a problem with their insurance.

But did some more adulting and my other small victory is scheduling blood work for next week.

13. Althidon

Shot day! :slight_smile:

I love how quickly the changes are coming. I was all steeled to wait months and months before anything happened, and in fact, I'm really seeing a lot right now. Significantly more facial hair for one, my libido is through the ROOF (my wife is not so excited about that...), and I'd swear my voice even sounds a little different already.

14. iiimee

Oh... but is there a minimum you have to meet? o.o

15. Althidon

I've never heard of a minimum BMI for surgery as long as you are healthy enough. Too low might be a problem, but you'd have to be severely underweight. Maximums are because fat tissue absorbs anaesthetic and they have to use more, so it's not as safe - they don't like to do it for "cosmetic" surgeries.

16. Curious39

So yesterday I came out as both trans mtf and a panromantic demisexual on facebook to my close friends and my dad. Still need to tell my grandparents who raised me that I am both, that will be hard. Me and some friends went out last night and they called me my female name 'Hope' the whole time. I was so happy

Theres a small victory :grin:

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, that's one of the biggest.

18. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm finally going to a support group for trans guys in my area. Rather nervous since I don't know what to expect... but I've wanted to check it out for a while now, and finally it falls on a day/time that I'm not working!

19. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bought some thinning shears a couple weeks ago, it's the best purchase I made in a while. :grin:

20. wishyouwerehere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When someone's really proud that you came out and they do the same ^u^