1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Jalo

Jalo Guest

I came out to three people today. They all were loving and accepting and told me they would be there for me if anyone was ever to judge me or bully me for my gender identity.

That's a huge victory to me.

2. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup: Congrats!!!

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out to anyone is.

4. TheRealTheaJane

Awesome! It's amazing to know people are there and supportive!

I decided to do everything at once, and since yesterday I'm been out on the town as a girl, and changed my whole social media profiling.

It's not exactly the tiniest of victories, and although people are generally acepting and supportive, it seems more the beginnings of the war! :confused:

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Presenting in public is terrifying the first few times when it's new to you. That's a big step.

6. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have just ordered some breast forms that should arrive by next week - so excited to wear them and so grateful to my friend for letting me get them delivered to her house :grin:

I've been wanting these for a long time as I get a lot of chest dysphoria

7. Jalo

Jalo Guest

My parents just came back from a vacation and bought shirts for me and my siblings. My mother hands me my shirt, which is grey with black letters of the area they vacationed in. She laughs and says, "I could have gotten you the girls' one, but I figured you wouldn't have liked it."

Only if she knew

8. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i stood up for my identity against two people and didn't internalize their assumption (because I "don't cross dress" or "weren't like this before!") that I was cis. I feel like I know myself more now and I'm HAPPY to know who I am! (Even if I'm not sure of the specifics)

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2015 at 06:17 PM ----------

oh AND I passed as a girl for an entire conversation on the phone the other day. I think I'm just particularly good at miming voices, so even this early in my transition I still feel totally confident on the phone using MY voice. <3

9. PossumJack

It always takes insane amounts of courage (at least for me) to stand up against buttholes like that, I'm glad you stood up for yourself (*hug*)

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2015 at 11:13 PM ----------

As for me, I finally managed to get a prescription for BC pills today, so I'm finally waving goodbye to the insanely dysphoric shark weeks I've been suffering for 5 damn years. Still not on T yet, but that will be the next step of this journey :slight_smile:

10. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    THANK YOU! It does. I even wrote a poem on another thread about how I normally just internalize their stuff. Thank you <3 :icon_redf

AND YAY NO SHARKWEEK!

11. thepandaboss

I went over to fix my aunt's computer because I can use Google kind of fix computers.

I never really came out to her face to face. She's not on Facebook (that's how I came out to most of the family). And yet the only name that came out of her mouth was my preferred name... :slight_smile:

12. thepandaboss

Okay this is going to be a little TMI but I got my 2-in-1 at last. AND OH MY GOD I'm glad I did. It passes the feel test, looks great, and honestly... I almost fucking cried when I put on the harness and saw myself in my boxers because now I feel like I've found the missing piece. I didn't think I really had bottom dysphoria but whatever it is, I feel a lot better with something that feels and looks like my own dick.

It might not be uncut but I thought about it before I bought it. If I were a cis male, I'd be cut because that's what my biological father wanted from his sons. I'm also really glad I went with the color I did.

And yes. It passes the pee test. I know that's very, very TMI but that was important for me too. Remains to be seen what it's going to be like at a urinal but I can finally use something I don't have to dig out of my pocket and risk exposure in. This is gonna be safer, easier, and a lot more hygienic going forward. I don't have to worry about dropping an orange, obvious STP.

My only major concern is whether I can wear this going through airport security. But what's nice is because I wear boxer briefs I won't always need the harness either. Still, I finally have something I can wear if I'm wearing boxers, no underwear, or I'm having sex.

I've only had this for about...ten minutes but I'm liking it. I may write a more detailed review later for anyone interested in looking into something like this.

13. randomconnorcon

That's awesome, man. I personally would love to see a review. While bottom surgery probably won't be something for me, at least not how it is now, a packer is something I do want. Like, really badly. The more information the better, you know?

14. thepandaboss

Oh believe me I'm in the same boat (at least right now). Bottom surgery isn't something I'm seriously considering but I figured a nice prosthetic would at least help whether it was something I pursued or not.

The model I got is a Generation 3s Peecock. Some guys love them, some guys haven't had a lot of success. This is the one model I haven't seen a lot of reviews for since most guys tend to opt for earlier models. But I did like what I heard and the price is a lot better than some of the other packers I was looking at.

Gonna need to play around with it a little more but so far I'm still really amazed. I still have it in and it's staying in place with the harness very well.

#1134 thepandaboss, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gotten consistently called "sir" in public.

Also, a Jehovah's Witness that came to my door said to her son who was with her, "See look? He's a big kid. You're going to be like that one day." That made me feel good, despite turning them away...

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting my eyebrows sculpted tomorrow. Not too feminine til I'm out at work but definetely much tighter. Cat wait... minus the pain.

17. PossumJack

Finally set up an appointment at my uni's counseling center, it's not gender therapy specifically but I'm hoping to get a referral from there. It's the first step in a long process and I'm both excited and nervous to start it :slight_smile:

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My god did that hurt but my brows look so beautiful after the threading.

And I got ma'am and missed today at the mall.

19. Jalo

Jalo Guest

I finally summed up the courage to cut off a few inches of my hair. It still looks "girlish" (trust me, I would hack all of it off if I wasn't in public school. People are seen as girls who have short hair are bullied.), but it looks so much better. I guess a haircut was long overdue anyways. It reassures me knowing one day I'll have the courage to take it all off.

20. DaemonC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out to my parents the other day. My mom was supportive but my dad just said, "you know you can be a girl and still do guy things. Just saying." Not sure exactly how to take that.
    I also got my first pair of boxers, which was awesome and awkward at the same time. I went up to the check stand and heard "Oh, hey!" turned around and it was my English professor (I'm not out at college yet). If he noticed, he didn't say anything... that's my next step anyway, coming out at college. Might do that today, maybe not...