1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met someone in real life for the first time today and they immediately called me by my preferred name! (I'm kind of nervous though, because they did it in front of my mom who still doesn't know that I want to go by this name)

2. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I painted my nails a few days ago and today I was in public and no one seemed to notice. Kinda nervise about working with painted nails though. xD

#762 Rochelle86, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  3. BluhImCourtney

Yesterday I put on some makeup for like the second time and actually went out in it. (to the local LGBT center, but meh.)

Eh, some of it wasn't my thing.

But some of it was nice. I think if I got one of my friends to teach me instead of my older mom (sorry mom, love you ;3) it would look better. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, my chest is starting to feel kinda tenderish, and I've been on hormones for about a month and a half (two months in a few more days)... so yay for boobs? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I actually managed to take a bath today. I was showering and stuff but then I thought "screw you, dysphoria" and poured up water.

Dysphoria kind of won though, I was still self-conscious and got up quickly.

I just wanted to put something here lol, even if it's a very minuscule victory indeed.

5. juyon

I was a little down lately, thinking i would never pass. I got called mister(or refered as a male) two times yesterday at job. I wasen't even wearing a binder (i'm not out to my boss) It was awesome and i was a little sad/annoyed when the person started to say sorry and call me Mme =(

6. anann

My therapist is working on a letter to support top surgery and while it's not done yet, I got to look at it with him and make a few suggestions. Plus my psychiatrist said he would sign it too if the surgeon or insurance company want that. This really might happen!

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    My sister called me "she" by reflex yesterday :slight_smile:

My father was like (about me) "there's a new toothbrush for him if he wants to use it" and she was like "no she's already got one"

:slight_smile:

8. BluhImCourtney

I wad going to post here again talking about how my chest is starting to feel tender/sore, and that I think I'm starting to see boobs...

But then I realized I already said that.

Way to go, me. ._.

So instead, I'll say that after reading the journals I wrote for The Catcher in the Rye (die in a ditch, Holden), in which I came put to my English teacher because I knew I'd have him for a teacher next year and thought I should tell at least one teacher, he apparently ended up going to my guidance counselor with tears in his eyes and said that he wanted me as a student next year no matter what.

So... yeah. ._.

I kinda thought he suspected it a bit, since he commented on the day of the final exam that my hair looked nice (eh), and afterwards we talked about a movie he thought I should see, where the main female character is the shy nerdy type.

I'm the shy nerdy type. ._.

9. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have come to the point where crossdressing is no longer crossdressing. I feel free when I wear my tights and dresses during the day wile I'm at home. Boys cloths feel so weird to me now, and I hopefully won't be getting any more socks or boxers in my Christmas stocking. I only wear boys cloths because I have to when im in public.

I am also looking forward to meeting with a councler at my collage to see if I can start transtioning. All in good time.

#769 Rochelle86, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Out to eat with my friend. The server was talking to my friend while she was struggling with the menu and then said, pointing to me, "she has the dinner menu, you have the breakfast".

:icon_bigg

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :icon_bigg i don't know why but i got a chuckle out of this.:grin:

12. BobbyFabulous

I came out to a co-worker today and he was supper supportive. He's the first person I've come out to at work.

13. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother holds the door for me and says "ladies first" and it makes me want to hug him <3

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno either but it made my day.

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My FreeToM order just left Philadelphia and is on the way. The expected date is the 6th, but I hope it gets here sooner :slight_smile:

16. BluhImCourtney

I'm trying to type up my first resume (f*ck you, occupations!), and my dad walked in and didn't really ask if I needed help, but just was like, "Oh, but you might want to do this and this, and maybe this..."

But, one of the jobs is a welcomer/greeter, and he said, "Well, if you're applying to be a hostess, then put this..."

I'm just so glad he said the female equivalent of the much easier to say "host". :3

17. thepandaboss

My general physician got me info for an endo in San Francisco. Why San Francisco? Because this endo knows his shit when it comes to trans people. Hormones may be a possibility and I may be able to figure out a solution when it comes to the other meds I have to take.

18. Natasha Elyssa

When me and my mom were leaving Costco today, the girl who checked our receipt said: "Have a nice weekend ladies!" which made me feel good. :slight_smile: <3

19. Lazuri

Might not count as a victory for some, but I found a site selling gothic styled clothes for prices that don't bankrupt you. I am in heaven. They even had white powder and foundation so I can turn my already pale complexion into that charming Morticia white shade.

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i meant it in the best possible way. i chuckled because of the menu switch up not the gender part.(*hug*)