1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Par

Par

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out as bigender to my sister today and she was absolutely fine with it :slight_smile:

2. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Congrats!!

3. Alive

that's fantastic!

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last week when I was lifting weights at track practice, some boys noticed how much I was lifting and were impressed because I was a girl lifting more than they could. Each exercise is broken up into 2 sets with a rest in between. You are supposed to increase the weight on the second set if you can. One of them asked if it was my first or second set and I said it was my second. Little did they know, I had lifted the same weight on the previous set. :icon_bigg
    I love feeling that I'm stronger than the boys are. My prideful moments are my favorite moments.

Edit: I'm sorry if this does not exactly fit here. For me it was one of those rare moments when I actually felt completely confident with my gender identity.

#464 Awesome, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think it fits here fine:icon_bigg and congrats, i bet the guys were all going "what the _____" when they turned around.

6. MissMook

I'm going to present as female in public at an upcoming comic convention. I'm really really nervous because there is going to be lots of people I know going there as well (and they don't know I'm genderqueer). But I'm going to own this look, fight my anxiety, and...hope for the best that their reactions aren't discouraging in any way. But at the same time...I can't friggin' WAIT to rock this new dress! ^___^

Also today for the first time ever, I went into two stores by myself and bought a whole bunch of nice outfits to wear. I wasn't nervous, kept my cool, and walked out of those stores with fine feminine posture...like a friggin' boss!

Lastly, a lovely trans woman gave me some fantastic advice on presenting in public and as an artist. I am forever thankful.

Wish me luck, because I'm making a life decision the same person years, months, even weeks ago would have been too afraid to even make.

7. AfraidandAlone

lately i have been letting my self notice cute clothes women are wearing. i have noticed i am not nearly as jealous of women wearing cute skirts and dresses as i used to be.

8. Folieadeux

I got a binder!!!

My sister's friend's bro had a few extra that he gave to me (3), and I tried them all on:
    1 black normal one with clasps
    1 black sport bra-esque one
    1 white normal one with clasps

The black clasp one fits like a glove, and is the perfect tightness, while the sport bra-esque one is pretty tight but still fits! I wasn't even able to hook one clasp on the white one cause it's really small, so I'm gonna give it away somehow!

I'm really happy!

9. Alive

A customer referred to me as 'him' while at work today! Made me feel good because today has been rough and I didn't feel that I looked that masculine.

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The bae and I are nine weeks on T today, and I gave myself my shot for the first time too! I wasn't as bad as I anticipated either, so maybe I can keep it up.

11. GayJay

My mum has got me sworn to the fact I won't say anything to my brothers about me, my identity ect..

However, my youngest brother who is only 6 just keeps calling me Jay. I have never asked him to do so and of course everyone else in my family uses my birthname.
    I think he can see that I like it and has maybe heard it from my girlfriend but he's just going with it and im so fricking happy about it.

12. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is so sweet! Kids can be awesome like that! :lol:

13. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's amazing what kids will pick up. Last summer, I wasn't out to anyone, and my friends' 3yo just clearly knew I'm not a guy, despite everyone suggesting I am, so she asked me. Repeatedly. (as 3yo kids often do to the annoyance of their parents)

14. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today marks exactly 6 months on HRT. I also got hit on by a stranger for the first time ever in my life! He was cute, but it was immediately apparent he just wasn't my type. :slight_smile: In addition to that, I also got a new friend on EC who complimented me on my looks (you know who you are (*hug*)).

Unrelated, but I also got my tax report today, and found out I'm going to get a sizable tax refund in December that will solve a lot of my current problems. Needless to say I'm having a pretty good day. :lol:

15. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So this is kind of a big victory, but I'm in that nameless stage with my sister atm and today, for the first time, she called me 'he'!!! My day is made :grin:

16. Queero

I was at a friend's house and they looked at me and said "oh, yeah. I forget you don't have a dick, you think with it".

It might seem weird, but YES!

17. Yesnomaybe

Awwww this made me so happy!! There's a con coming up in my city and I've been wanting to present masculine at it if I did go... I think you just convinced me :icon_bigg good luck on everything!!!!

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2015 at 06:53 PM ----------

Yay!!! That's awesome. I have a phobia of needles so I'm in awe about how you even did that!! Hope you can keep it up too :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 14th Apr 2015 at 06:56 PM ----------

That's so nice!!! Glad you like them, and it's super awesome that you're passing on the goodness by giving one away :eusa_clap

#477 Yesnomaybe, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  18. Folieadeux

I wrapped up my email to my parents... still probably needs a few tweaks though.
    I am so scared to send it and I feel like it isn't good enough. I'm becoming doubtful of myself.

Ha ha, not in the best mood, but it's a victory that I wrote it!

19. Acm

Acm Guest

Good luck! I hope it goes alright.

20. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    every victory counts young bro.