1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good cut, it suits you. About styling it, the choices seem endless to me...

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been passing more and more lately, and I'm starting to like the way I look sometimes. Feels good. I pass about 60% of the time, don't pass 10%, and the other 30% they don't say anything gendered so I don't know what they think, but they don't use female pronouns.

3. Polka Dots

Congrats on coming out to your folks, penta!

4. WillowRose

Hooray for you! Even if they need time, talking to Themis a huge step. Congrats!

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The bae helped me shave my face again (I'm always worried I'll go too rough) and now I'm getting pretty stubbly. I'm not on his level yet, but I'm working on it. Oh, and I handled my shot well today despite getting super nervous.

6. Raatox

:Last time I was at my parents house I forgot a (pink) tube of face wash (for women) and was a bit surprised that my mom didn't call me about it and when I asked her on the phone yesterday she said she was sure it was my brother's and was about to bring it to him :lol:.
    When I told her it was mine she laughed and said she obviously doesn't see me as her female child :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Happy me, love my mum(!)

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really a victory, but I had a dream that I was getting my name officially changed. I want it back.

8. Isa

Isa

What's this thread doing all the way back on page 2?? Bringing it back to page 1 then!

Recieved the gender therapy appointment today, yay me!

9. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Got called Jamie today for the first time IRL by my trans friend Aaron...it felt awesome.(!)

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nik's doctor is so chill about him starting T and said she'll use his PGPs when she sees him now and is fine with me seeing her now (since my doctor is a weird conservative guy who is dense as all hell).

Crossing my fingers for good times to come. T day is tomorrow and I'm oddly really excited and relaxed about it.

11. PossumJack

Happy T-day's Eve, Daydreamer :lol:

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 06:53 PM ----------

My mother told me for the first time today that she didn't care if I was a boy or a girl, she just wants me to be happy, no matter what I am. Still not referring to be as a boy yet (though she mostly uses my gender neutral Chinese name now), but it's a step towards the right direction, I guess.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! My mom's like that too now after being super defensive for a couple of years. Even small steps are great progress. Keep us posted on things if you can :slight_smile:

13. RainbowRobot

Out Status:
    Some people
    Since the beginning of the semester I have been using the men's bathroom at my college :grin:

14. Tohru-Chan

I came out to my two best friends as trans*. It was super difficult, but i did it. And they were awesome about it. They started calling me the right name and pronouns immediately, and we've actually become even closer now that I'm not hiding something from them.

Also I went shopping at Value Village and bought lots of guys clothes. T-shirts and shorts mostly. I love them and they look great! I'm super happy right now :slight_smile:

15. stormborn

my parents outed me (with my permission) to basically everyone we know, and i came out on facebook a while ago, and the reactions have been positive so far :slight_smile:

and i won't be living in this shitty dorm anymore soon! no more having to be afraid to pee, haha

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't so much a small victory, but it's definitely a victory. I already posted it in chit chat, but I'll definitely remember it enough for it to have 2 posts.

Today was my first day wearing a skirt in public. I know I look pretty good in skirts, even with my acne, especially jean skirts. They seem kinda my specialty, you know?

So I bought another one late last week, and wore it today. I'd been thinking of fully expressing my gender officially, but didn't know exactly how to start. Until, that is, until I saw a poster for a gender role-breaking event that was for this morning. What a perfect time to start.

I was a bit late because I'm usually kinda late in general, and also it was a bit hard to find out that the room was actually the new cafe.

As I walked down the halls, it was easy to see that people were noticing. It wasn't as bad as the Mickey Mouse pin ordeal, but definitely noticeable. And so, I purposely tuned out everything I could. I was going to fucking own this skirt today, if it was the last thing I did. That was how I pretty much learned what it really means to own yourself and who you are. I mean, to really say "fuck the haters. What do they know? Obviously not that this thing is fucking comfy, and they're missing out"

I'm really, really glad that Garnet's song "Stronger than you" was stuck in my head. There really couldn't be a better song to have stuck in your head when you're making a stand or statement to yourself and everyone around you.

I'm going to say right now that the gender role event gave me a great hope in the near future of humanity. There were some obvious people calling BS on gender roles just by being in the room (ie myself and another openly transperson), but the ones who were vocally saying all of it were cisgendered males. One of them was even saying everything I'd ever wanted anybody to understand about gender as a topic, and especially when it comes to non-binary transpeople.

I'm also going to point out that it was very astonishing to me how very few people actually seemed to care. The amount of relief that gives me is like no other, really. If this is the future of humanity in the next 5-10 years, I can totally start wearing skirts, girl shorts (even though they have FAKE, LYING POCKETS), dresses, you name it.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that our school, as a community college, has cops. I had an incident where I couldn't find my keys anywhere. And so I turned to the cops to see if it was in the lost and found. After about 2 hours of searching the whole school (during which, one guy seemed to snigger at me), I went back to them and we decided to open up one of the rooms I was in. At NO POINT did he make any mention of the skirt. All that was on his mind, to me, was if I could find my keys in the room (and if I was still following him, as he looked back a few times). Keys ended up found in the car, btw.

My mother also knew about the skirt, as she saw me in it as I was getting ready for school. She made a note of the temperature outside, and that was her only concern.

Oh, and the best part about all of it was that I got 2 compliments about the skirt from a couple people in the LGBT club!

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    good for you, and i bet you rocked that skirt.:thumbsup:

18. CyberStar

I came out to about 30 people in the LGBT club on Facebook. And the president of the club (a sort-of friend of mine) asked if I wanted him to use my female name or pronouns. :grin: And at the same time, my school Minecraft username tells many people that I'm trans

19. Lazuri

Your SCHOOL Minecraft username? Your school has Minecraft and users for the students?

20. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I kept getting called lady so I thought it was going to be impossible to pass pre-T but then someone called me "young gentleman". :slight_smile: