1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Victories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kasey, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad called me Princess!!! Seriously, I've wanted to hear that for so long, I never even told him that, he just did it and it made me so happy!

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a step in the right direction, I bet that felt awesome and sincere good for you :eusa_danc(*hug*)

3. AsheTheHuman

I wore my Fionna cosplay to group today. Got multiple compliments. Feels nice ^_^

4. Polka Dots

Over the weekend I wore one of my dad's old ties to an extended family gathering. I kept a small collection of them when he passed away a few years ago; while I'd like to think it would make him happy for me to wear his ties, I'm sure it'd only make him roll in his grave.

Regardless, I was proud of myself despite the double-takes I received from various family members. Plus the joy in my heart when I loosened it at a stop light on the return trip home? Indescribable.

5. WillowRose

Daughter slipped up and called me "Mom." She and I have talked about what she should call me, and we've pretty much settled on her continuing to use "Dad," and I'm OK with that. (For myself, it's just the name that she's always used to address me - I don't really 'hear' any gender attached to it when she calls me that.) but it still felt good, kind of sweet, for her to inadvertently use "Mom" instead.

6. Tohru-Chan

My Dad called me his son twice last weekend. I haven't told anyone I'm trans*. I think it's because I'm beginning to look more like a guy. It felt nice either way. I think he'll be accepting when I do tell him. He has always wanted a son.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love this thread. ^^

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I saw the results of a poll that shows that the majority of young people support allowing transgender people to use the bathroom of their choice, though it's still a problem for older people

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of guys having voice changes early on, which is surprising to me. My partner started T the same day as me and thinks his voice will drop soon too.

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Came out to one more friend. He wasn't exactly surprised. It was his daughter that kept repeatedly asking me if I am a boy or a girl last summer.....

11. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I pass in the city a lot now (went there today). Or at least, people didn't ma'am me or use any female pronouns. It was great. Even if I don't pass completely I'm glad I look androgynous enough to not be mistaken as a girl. Unfortunately, I got a lot of voice dysphoria. And when I had to go to the women's restroom, I felt like a lot of eyes were watching me. Which was nerve-wracking, but at least I felt like they knew something was off about me being there too.

12. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I finally got a bra~! I tried it on and stuffed it (with REALLY uncomfortable socks. -_-). It felt so good to be in (semi) girl mode!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been invited to an lgbt youth group thing.. Not sure if I can go for a while, but I'm going to at some point ..

Also, got an appointment with my GP tomorrow to (hopefully) get a referral to the gender clinic (!) Yay!

14. CyberStar

I have never attempted to pass, and probably won't for a while yet. But the other day, I was told I walked like a model. :grin: :grin: :grin:

15. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    went shopping today, tried on all sorts of tops and skirts at one womens store, and they thought i looked great in all of it.
    so i bought it all.
    what a day to be in girl mode

16. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i bought a maxi skirt on saturday, it fits great and feels fantastic swishing around my legs as i walk, i wore it all saturday night watching tv, going to the kitchen for more wine, soooo nice. i might go back for a dress like that if they have them next payday.

the girl at the check out said it was a nice pattern, i said i hope it isn't too long and looked at my feet, she winked and said that's what heels are for..... i just about floated out of the store.

17. Acm

Acm Guest

Once again I accidentally ordered a wrong size binder, but at least it looks like gc2b is pretty good about size exchanges.

One nice thing though was earlier today when I was walking across campus, I passed two guys and I heard one of them whisper to his friend asking if I was a girl or a boy. Unfortunately his friend said I was a girl, but it's nice I at least look a little androgynous I guess.

18. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's what I felt when I started wearing boxers last year, I thought exactly the very same soooo nice , where have you been all my life?

I'm glad for you, that must have been amazing. Congrats! (*hug*)
    You should definitely get a dress, or a tunic. Floating is a nice feeling... Should be our permanent state.

I think I'm getting closer to that stage myself : Men seem to look at me way more than they did before (I guess they are confused as hell, or maybe there are more gay men than I thought), and women seem to literally melt at my jokes (including some giggling and, in a few cases, even blushing). You should try to hit on someone, see how they react... It's fun.

19. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just sent an application to change my name. Feels odd.

20. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just ordered a binder! It's going to take like 2 and a half weeks to arrive, but still:grin: