1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Pastor recommends suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by gazwkd, Dec 8, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think their pro birth and not pro life .

2. Benway

Benway Guest

Here's a fun one that I'm waiting to test on a fundamentalist should the opportunity ever arise:

What if a married woman who's already had several kids gets pregnant by accident when quite accidentally sat on her gay brother's dirty underwear and (in this hypothetical scenario) there's a one hundred percent chance that this baby will turn out gay? Is it okay to have an abortion then?

...I wonder if anyone's asked that, before?

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've wondered that , sad part is i think they would say yes .

4. Benway

Benway Guest

But it's a crime against Jesus! What if they could pray the gay away?
    Seriously, somebody should go ask my question to one of these psychos.

5. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I it funny when people claim that the bible tells us to kill homosexuals, the only person to say that was Leviticus and he was a IDIOT. Just look up on google some of the things Leviticus said, they're either ridiculous or things that no one does anyway.

6. DinelodiiGitli

Wow....that's actually sort of sad. I can't imagine carrying around that much hatred in my soul and heart, you're suppose to love all and treat others as you wish to be treated. Hate isn't good for anyone.

7. Benway

Benway Guest

Leviticus was not one idiot, but several. The word "Leviticus" I believe is Greek for "Several Levites" meaning that the 'book' of Leviticus is nothing more than a group of the cavemen who were hopping around a fire in loincloths writing down whatever imbecilic thought popped into their primitive, opium-ridden minds. Or rather, in the case of ancient oral tradition, passing it around by word of mouth as oral history for several hundred years until somebody in another country wrote it down.

#47 Benway, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's a gender terrorist. Plain and simple.

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually the bolded is not quite accurate. There have been many history professors that
    have stated that most of the strange things in the bible had reasons that made sense to the religious and political leaders of the time (including the so called sin of homosexuality)
    Those strange things had nothing to do with God or religion and everything to do with
    controlling your tribe and making it bigger and stronger.

On the subject of the original posting, it's even worse than the title. a quote:

Speaking in a later interview, he said: “I think every single one of them should be put to death… Christians shouldn’t be doing it, I’m not going to do it, it’s the Government’s job to be doing it.”

Not only is he a homophobe, he's a hypocrite too.

10. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really think it's amazing how people forget the "love thy neighbor" tenet in the Bible. Even IF being gay is a sin (which I don't think it is, to be completely honest) the Bible says to "love the sinner and hate the sin." This guy needs to take a long, hard look at himself and consider whether or not he's really cut out for a life of pointing people in the right direction.

11. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the same here, 51.3% are irreligious here. In 2020, the SCP (makes predictions and such) expects the number to be 72% in 2020. I've been to churches with school, there are very few young people. The ones that were, were 4 kids aged 7 or so.

Luckily, people are very liberal. Saying things like "gays should commit suicide" get a lot of backslash here, from all kinds of people.

It's a shame that in other places around the world, these things are being said. =( I hope to see that disappear soon.

12. Rosalynn

And let us not forget the best verse in the bible, condemning all pastors who ever walked the planet:

When you pray, don't be like those show-offs who love to stand up and pray in the meeting places and on the street corners. They do this just to look good. I can assure you that they already have their reward.
    When you pray, go into a room alone and close the door. Pray to your Father in private. He knows what's done in private, and he will reward you.
    When you pray, don't go on and on as do people who don't know God. They think God likes to hear long prayers. Don't be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask." -Mathew 6. 5-9

13. antibinary

What a git.

14. Benway

Benway Guest

I thought that was exactly what I was implying the bolded text. I mean, I added the opium thing because back then people just popped whatever mushroom looked tasty into their scurvy-ridden mouths, but as far as I know the ancient early Jewish community was fairly savage-- and before you yell out how antisemitic I am, I was born Jewish, I just don't practice Judaism.

They were cavemen, living by word of mouth, oral tradition, no, they didn't exactly write everything down, that came a lot later. Most Abrahamic religions are based on oral tradition, that includes Judaism and Christianity, and to a lesser extent, Islam, which they had documented pretty much from the get-go because of the wider availability of paper and ink in the early 800s and to an even lesser extent, and I don't know much about Bahai, but I'm pretty sure that was long after all three of them.

I apologize if I offended anyone with the bolded text in question. :confused:

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he did this in Canada, he would be arrested for a hate crime...just sayin'

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true but they claim to be pro life. Pushing gay people to suicide like they have is not a pro life value by any means. Christianity is not what is supposed to be in many churches such as this one.

17. soulcatcher

Excellent.
    [​IMG]

Let blaspheming begin.

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2014 at 09:25 PM ----------

It reminds me of this joke:

A man named Vinny dies and goes to hell.

The Devil says to him "Hey Vinny we've been waitin for ya!".

Vinny smiles and walks with the Devil and the Devil says "I gotta ask you a couple questions, do you like to smoke?" Vinny answers "Ya, I love to smoke." The Devil says "Good you'll like Mondays we smoke everything cigarettes, cigars, weed everything."

"Now do you like to drink?" Then Vinny says "Of course I love to drink." The Devil replies "Great we drink everything on Tuesdays you will fit in great."

"Do you like to have sex?" Vinny says "Hell ya sex is the best." The Devil smiles and replies "We have sex with every type of woman you could think of on Wedesdays."

And the Devil finally says "Now, are you gay?" Vinny frowns and answers "NO I'm not gay! And the Devil looks down and finishes "Your gonna hate Thursdays."

18. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry if I left the impression that I was offended, I was not. The bolded part of what you said is actually a pretty common belief, because many of the things in the bible (like wearing an outfit of cloth and leather) don't seem to have any logical basis today. They did however have a logical basis way back then, including the mention of homosexuality as a so called sin.

Saying the tribes of Israel were savage is not anti Semitic because it's a fact, just like every other tribe of any other religion in the world at that time.

19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the pastor needs to demonstrate the procedure on himself, and rid the world of one more ignorant homophobe.

Ok I'm joking but really...so sick of these religious nutjobs and their vile, backward outbursts.

20. iiimee

This comment says exactly what I feel. Am I the only one who doesn't wish ill will upon him? I mean, he is obviously teaching evil, but as I am a christian myself I do not think it's right to wish evil upon ANYONE... even this poor low man. He is wounded, either spiritually or mentally, whether you believe in religion or not. He needs help, and I just hope somewhere in his life he'll be introduced to acceptance... Alot of people don't understand the idea of "acceptance".

Oh, not edited... Just quoted the wrong comment!