LGBT News Pastor recommends suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by gazwkd, Dec 8, 2014.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Italian, and no, maybe not nice. But I'd punch him,in the fucking face. Show them you mean business. The world is hard.

2. Otaku2014

this pisses me off

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Regarding the increase in public anti-LGBT idiocy, perhaps the success of the movement toward marriage equality is making them cranky.

4. David21201

I have noticed the hate in us go up more recently.... probably because it's Christmas....
    He has no room to say this. If being gay is a sin then so be it, but committing suicide is also a sin. Thank you New Zealand Pastor fuckass for clearing up the bible and how to sin book for me.
    The Baptist church in my town is the same way, they BARELY let two gay members of MY church go and VOLUNTEER for THEM over the summer. The said "... We do not wish to have such unholy people in the room that we worship the loving Lord and all of his great deeds to humanity. ... Under this reason you MAY NOT enter our sanctuary."
    The guys ended up doing so by saying if the loved God then they would be loved too.

5. poopledum

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sigh...typical

6. Quiet Raven

Where did he get "Child molestor" from?? Since when did gay=child molestor in... anyone's mind?

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2014 at 08:42 PM ----------

You're too kind.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sadly, it's a fairly common misconception. I think research shows that most people are attracted to people in roughly their own age bracket.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is definitely going to be a back lash if their acting like this now .
    This pastor is just sick and the way their acting shows they are not good people at all or believe in God's teachings at all instead they use it to hate .
    This is why I don't go to church anymore .:dry:

9. SecretRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What a jerk!!
    He can sit there and be a grumpy poophead while all of us in the LGBT community are here being fabulous! (!):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

But on a more serious note, it literally infuriates me that some of these Christians are supposed to spread peace and love and God's love and all that crap but then they go and say very disrespectful stuff like using gay slurs and encouraging suicide (which is also a sin). Some Christians are the biggest hypocrites in the world. It pisses me off to no end because in the bible it says ONE line about homosexuality which could even be interpreted in different ways. But they can sit there and hate and sin in other ways. Like for example, even wearing two different kinds of material in one clothing article is sinning according to God. There's plenty of way to sin that they just simply ignore but no this "man cannot lay with man" line they choose to over exaggerate and spread hate because they look for excuses to be hateful human beings and it just irritates me beyond belief. My best friend is a Christian and practices Christianity but she loves the LGBT community and never once has spread hate. See you can choose to dislike homosexuality which is your choice, but you can also choose to be civil about it and not spread hate or bully someone because of their sexual orientation.

#29 SecretRainbow, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  10. BelleFromHell

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Everyone who is gay goes to hell, but if we commit suicide, we STILL go to hell? We're apparently fucked either way.

11. Quiet Raven

I see. I am actually pretty fortunate to have very little experience in dealing with ignorant homophobes. So some comments like this still really surprise me...

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay people should go to Hell just because of their sexual orientation!? I'd say I hope we meet in Hell, but this guy is probably heading to the 5th or 8th level. I'll have to find my way there from the 7th level, to rearrange his face. I'll do it at least 7 times because according to the bible, that's the number of completion, and I'm working with his weird alien logic. Oh, well, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

13. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I am no fan of religion, in fairness it has become clear from local news media that this person firstly, does not actually represent a real, functioning church, and secondly, is suffering from a major mental illness. As objectionable as his message is, this guy deserves pity and compassion and above all, treatment ( and by 'treatment' I don't mean a bullet to the head).

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Honestly, I'd much rather people like this be allowed to speak publicly. While they can be potentially dangerous aloud, it isn't as dangerous as the silent hatred. The ones who think maliciously, but otherwise appear indifferent or even tolerant, are the ones to look out for.

For every knucklehead who says it aloud, there is probably two knuckleheads who believe it silently.

15. burg

this as a kiwi is my basic understanding to.every day i walk past 3 empty old churches and a cathedral and wonder how long it will be till they are cafes pubs and hostels.i feel bad for many Christians here tho like the youth group in my town which makes great effort to end discrimination against lgbts.but our media never mentions their effort.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've seen some coverage but only like on youtube once .

17. Images and Words

:eusa_clap i like you're style

18. Justinian20

Pastor man, so you realize that what you're suggesting is also a sin against God and so it's like because you actually said this stuff and suggested that others do this to themselves which means you are one big sinner, releasing bad messages into the world so therefore you are going to go to Hell. So Mr Pastor have a nice time with Satan, us Gay guys will have a great time with Satan, because we can relate to him being thrown out of heaven by God(jks).

19. Benway

Benway Guest

If God punishes people for what he sees as bad, and Satan hates God, that would mean Satan rewards people who do things God sees as bad? Does that mean that when I go to Hell I'm going to get a gift basket filled with fine red wine, chocolate and a car powered by orgasms? HAIL SATAN!

No, seriously, though, has anyone called this New Zealand pastor out on this, yet? I mean since the initial article was published? I'm sure this doesn't look good for his congregation, or, at the very least I'd hope that his church's servers are overloaded with incoming angry emails and complaints.

20. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is what makes religious fundamentalists who are pro life hypocrites because asking for suicide is not a pro-life solution. Suicide is never the answer no matter if your pro life or pro choice.