1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Come Out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mickwho123, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Mickwho123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So recently my uncle, who I have always looked up has come out to me as Gay.
    I want to come out to him and tell him the same but I just can't do it.

For me I have so many problems, one of them being I worry about everything I do, and I worry that people will bully me even more or treat me differently.

I know I should tell someone but I can't, I mean my family will still love me but I just don't fell like I can....

I kind of need some help!

Thanks for anyone who has been reading this, you may not know it but it means a lot to me!

2. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My uncle is also gay.. he recently came out. Luckily we have opposite tastes in men haha

sorry to hear about the bullying... I hope it gets better and that you manage to stop it.

Regarding Coming out to your uncle. (I suppose you are close to him) No one understands better a gay dude than other gay dude:icon_wink

But let's be serious. I know it is really hard. Saying the words for the first time, no matter to whom, makes everyone very nervous. But c'mon, you have to be brave. You and I are lucky that our families love us, we have this advantage. Think about all the kids who have it harder than us ( Daniel Pierce for example) and despite this they come out like the bosses they are.

You don't need to feel 100 confident. No person is. you don't need to come out to the rest of your family or in school because it is not a duty But having someone you can trust will be helpful for you. Being yourself with him will be great.

remember that coming out is like swimming. The first time you look at the water, you are scared(at least I was) but after a few lessons you dive headfirst into the pool

so, please DO IT NOW! haha

if you finally do it, I would like to know how was it( of course, if you want to share it)

#2 danielo21, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. aboutface

I would also encourage you to try and push through to tell your uncle. It sounds like he could be a big help to you. I know it's hard but sometimes the hardest things are the most worth it in the end.

4. Mickwho123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Thanks, I am seeing him tomorrow so will try to do it now. I got a phone call from a family member tonight saying he was going to move away. So I may have to do it sooner then I have thought!

5. good luck!!! I'm sure it'll all turn out great :wink:

6. Hell2theno

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make sure you are ready in yourself first. You will know when the time is right! Good luck :slight_smile: