1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LD579, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's ironic that an 81 year old woman from my church is so affirming (and is on FB) and that her grandson is a bigot. Never know. I had talked with her at a restaurant after church one time, and she said back in the 70's she knew one of her nephews was gay as a young child. She said she didn't care that he was gay at all and was concerned about him being bullied back then. I wish this woman could live forever and knock some sense into her grandson. Love ya, Norma.

2. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

NEVERMIND ME, I'm just gonna quietly jerk off to Charlie Cox, whose portrayal of Matty Murdock in Daredevil I find to be the perfect blend of hot and cute.

[​IMG]

Speaking of Daredevil, holy shit. I just finished watching the season and it was so good I legit wanna cry because I have to wait an entire year for the next one. Seriously, after trying to get into Agents of SHIELD (Yuck) and Gotham (Puag! This is not the series Batman deserves, and it's certainly the last thing it needs ¬_¬) I had lost all hope for superheroes on TV, and then this. It was as if someone had taken Nolan's TDK and serialized it, but you know with DD instead. They got so many things right I can confidently say this is a genuinely good show. Not just a good "superhero show", a good show period.

Anyway

3. JohnX

Out Status:
    A few people
    You're entitled to your own opinion :eusa_whis

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My brother's listening to Taylor Swift...Haha, raise your hand if your brother's a FAG! :wink: Ironic, isn't it?

6. iamgroot

Out Status:
    Some people
    So lucky you have a church that's open to everyone. Meanwhile, I get to sit through my weekly put downs from crazy pastor.

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read about the 2011 San Fernando massacre. I wonder what people would do, if they found themselves in that situation...

I read about this fine trolling.

I read about Dialectical Behavior Therapy. A lot of the text was in Comic Sans.

And I fell asleep watching a anime. It wasn't boring. I must've been tired.

8. Gen

Gen

It seems that I have going to write that ten page social analysis research paper between the next two days. I was too busy revision another ten page research paper to start it tonight...
    I would have never thought to check that show out, but I definitely give it some consideration now.

9. White Knight

Same here. Raw you should enter advertisement business. You know how to sell your goods.

While comparing to Nolan's TDK thing a bit of let down for me I love DD and anything is good to wash away that fugly Ben Affleck version.

10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't go to a church like that. It is literally a handful of people like that, and she is one of them. The pastor is not affirming and my dad who is an elder is certainly not either. I should have put from my old church. Handful of people are all ladies by the way except for 1 guy.

11. iamgroot

Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, alright. It's still nice to have a friend like that in a sea of ... whatever. haha. Go grandma! (!)

-AL​

12. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Hahahaha, good thing that my career path is deeply intertwined with advertising :grin: I'll keep this in mind if I ever do get around to copywritting on the freelance (it has crossed my mind before...).

And don't worry, the TDK comparison (while I could never see it as a negative) was mostly influenced by the lasting impressions of the finale. There's specifically one long sequence in which everything, from the way it was shot to the colors and the cuts, reminded me of that chase sequence in TDK with Batman trying to stop the Joker from getting to Harvey.

On the whole, I meant that Marvel's Daredevil feels like one 13-hour-long movie; from the writing, to the amaaaazing score (I really hope they release it on iTunes), to the direction, to the cinematography; everything here feels like it belongs in a prestige drama, which is the best praise I can give it when other superhero shows mostly feel like lesser incarnations of the material they derive from. But overall, this show is it's own thing. A surprisingly good and gritty crime drama that sets DD apart from the rest of the MCU (while still being connected to it...), in a good way.

Beware the violence tho. It's not gory or anything, but there's a lot of graphic violence here. It gets nasty really soon, and the show never apologizes for it (as it shouldn't, since it's never gratuitous).

#8932 Rawrzilla, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  13. White Knight

Daredevil comics were on "gory" part... at least the ones I read back then which was telling brake down of Matt.

A little net search also lead me to the Defenders TV series... While DD was never part of the group while I was reading I am happy to see finally the Defenders get some recognition... Probably show will lack heavy guns of the series... Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Clea, Valkyrie and Namor but Luke Cage and DD is okay as well. Fingers crossed for Iron Fist. I somehow always find him an interesting character. Oh and of course Nighthawk... a far shot but one can only dream. :grin:

14. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I know Netflix is gonna release independent shows for Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage (whoever that is) so my guess would be that the crossover Defenders mini-series is mainly gonna feature those four (since Marvel seems to see Hulk and Dr. Strange as more of movie-material really), which is fine by me since I wouldn't like this to get too convoluted. I just hope after the mini-series is done the characters can go back to their individual shows. It would be a waste for DD to only end up being a tie-in to this when it can be so much more (as it has proven so far).

EXCITE

15. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had a bad night. My friend who I spent the night with had to call the cops on another friend, I had a panic attack and we didn't get to sleep till almost 3:30am.

16. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never thought I could have so much fun at a party. I wish it never ended.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't mean to sound like a commercial, but the cable company's "TV to go" app for the iPad is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm glad I discovered my dad made me a separate account two years ago that I never used.

18. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bleedin' thru ma tampons. Goin' with da flow.

19. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Back because I'm bored. Probably won't stay long.

20. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I finally got some sleep last night, But I still feel tired as hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.