1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kindest Thing Anyone Has Ever Done For/To/With You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I could list many kind things I've done, but they were rarely genuine. Years ago, I'd do whatever was necessary, to get what I wanted, or to make one, indebted to me for future use. Which is why, I'm not going to include any of those.

When I look at kindest given to me, I see very little of it. Offline, I could probably count, on both hands, the times somebody was genuinely nice to me. Online, well, that's a different story. Here alone, I've been showered with appreciation, admiration, and even adoration. It's... nice, to say the least.

Narrowing down the kindest thing, anyone has ever done for/to/with me, isn't terribly difficult:

It'd probably be this forum community, as a whole, and the encouraging and humbling words, I've received or exchanged. See, offline, I tend to be respected or appreciated, not so much for who I am, but what I can do. Sure, people like me, but that's because, when they have a problem, need a solution, or want results, they have me. I tend to have an impressive success record, if or when I set my mind on something.

It is quite frustrating, to do your best, and rarely be acknowledged as a person -- only your worth. You have a tendency to become very machine-like, very detached from emotion, and led to believe, incapable of love.

Now, as for the kindest thing I have ever done, for anyone...

Probably, any of the times when I, stepped out from my own little world, and stood up for folks, who either cannot or will not, do it themselves.

Of course, if we count here, well, I've probably touched enough lives. I'm sure, or hope, that folks are better off, after meeting me.

In either case, I don't want to get too detailed. Being kind, is about being kind, not seeking attention or a reason to gloat.

#21 Kaiser, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Treevine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't remember an actual moment. But I tend to appreciate the smallest of favors people do for me. I'm thankful for people who hold the door too those who pass me a pen. Like I see them as really big favors.

3. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

The kindest thing anyone has ever done for me is probably when my teacher told me that I was the smartest student she's ever had, but also the laziest. This helped me to realize that I was really lazy, after that my grades improved because I tried not to be as lazy. Although when I think about it that teacher was a rather malevolent person, who was probably trying to insult me.

4. essie

What a sweet idea Kaiser! I remember when I sprained my knee at dance rehearsal many people sent me the cutest messages to cheer me up. The girls in my dance class even gave me a flower bouquet on my birthday and the next day, at the end of the actual show, my teacher said they had all missed me very much. They are the sweetest!!

5. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People have done so many nice things for me, but this is the one that meant the most. It just resonated with me, and I'm not really sure why:

I have this friend that I've known since I was very young, and he was always so lovely to me. I loved him very much (platonically, of course, although I did have a crush on him for a number of years). He always stood up for me and did what he could to make me feel better when I was upset. He just appreciated my existence and he was so amazingly kind.

Unfortunately, I barely see him anymore and it makes me really sad. :frowning2:

#25 rhapsodic, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Treat me like a boy, not a girl

7. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The unwavering support I get from my friends and family. It always blows my mind.

8. Blossom85

I would probably say just supporting me and being there for me through thick and think. It's hard to pin point a specific moment, cause just everyday things that some wouldn't really think about to me equate to kind.

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably the kindest ever was to give me my first computer.
    A lot of people has done a lot of good things to me, too many to count, and to name one would mean to be unfair to the others.
    Recently, on the middle of a conversation, someone told me "There is no monsters, only on tv on horror films at nights". This simple remark, this few words meant the world to me.
    Recently also someone had a very kind gesture with me, but I'm afraid I won't be able to pay him back ever.
    I have no idea if I have made an impact on someone's life worth enough to be remembered. Let them tell about it, I have no idea and I don't feel like thinking about it. I do what I can, usually my best, but that doesn't mean it'll be remembered, or that I do things to become the next mother theresa.

10. MyNameIsGabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The most recent was my best friend calling me Gabriel and referring to me as him, then giving me this little smile. Also, we were wrestling on Alice's sofa, and Lucy said 'wow, i can't believe I am stronger than this boy sitting on me'. Seriously, it made me so happy.

11. DinelodiiGitli

It's hard to say to be honest. Simple things that many don't think much of matter the most to me. Like when one of my neighbors asked me about my chihuahua since he hadn't seen her recently and I responded that my chihuahua had passed away. All he did was say "Oh, I'm so sorry." and didn't press the issue any more than that. To this day that makes me smile since he also gave me my current dog a little while before that.

12. whereamigoing

After i got thr news that there were complications and my mom was going to lose my little brother my best friend sat me down on his bed and let me cry on his shoulder. then complicated stuff happened between us and even now he agrees to be my future best man.