1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuals: Pollymory vs monogamy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bicomplicated, Nov 19, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not in a relationship right now but if I was I'd be monogamous 100%

2. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stocking, that was very well put. And yeah, that is how it really is. Unfortunately some people don't understand and have misconceptions.

3. TurtleCat

I am bisexual, married, and have a husband who is ok with me seeing other women. I have a lady friend who comes over occasionally. I enjoy being with her but well, I guess my main issue is I wish it could be so much more. I wish I could talk to her all the time and really get to know her but I get the impression she just uses me whenever she wants a hook-up. I don't know.

Funny thing is I used to be strictly monogamous, but fairly recently I started wanting to explore my bisexuality while remaining married to my husband. i don't think there's anything wrong with polamory as long as 100% honesty is practiced.

#43 TurtleCat, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally get where you are coming from. I never want just sex from my girlfriends. But my attraction is very close to 50-50 if not quite. I slightly prefere men...but VERY slightly. I dated a woman once who was more into women and fell in love with her but it didn't work for other reasons. Most of the other women I have dated seem to be more into men with a slight preference for women. And most of these women, I too felt used for sex. I am slightly worried because my girlfriend just barely came to terms with her bisexuality. But she seems comfortable around me. And I don't feel used by here. So far, so good. :slight_smile: I hope things work out for you. And I am glad your hubby is supportive! It's great to have a supportive SO. :slight_smile:

5. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im currently married in a monogomus relationship. i am very open to poly and wouldnt mind having a bf but i dont think my wife would like that, which is fine. i still havent come out to her and completely dont expect her to allow anything. if she did i would only want the one bf for a long time so im not really sure what to consider that.

6. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's good that you respect your wife to consider her like that, and that you would still be fine with monogamy if that is what she wants. But who knows what will happen when you come out to her? She might be supportive of you having a boyfriend. I'm fine with my bisexual boyfriend having a boyfriend (it would be hypocritical of me not too!) But so far, he is totally fine with being with just me! We can talk about hot guys or hot girls together, and that is cool. But as far as having a boyfriend, he is fine with just me. However, he knows if things ever change and he wants a boyfriend, he has my support. :slight_smile: But it is good to hear that your cool if things go either way; that you might like a boyfriend if your wife is fine with it, but that you are cool with monogamy too. :slight_smile: Good luck coming out whenever you do! I hope you and your wife have a wonderful relationship! :slight_smile:

7. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I'd be incapable of being in an open relationship. I mean... if I'm in a relationship, in the first place, then it's because I care deeply for someone, so I wouldn't want to share them with a third person... I think I'd get too jealous!

and I really dislike cheaters. I would never cheat on anyone and I would be very sad and miserable if someone cheated on me. after all, isn't trust the whole foundation of a relationship?

8. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well yes, but you can still have trust in an open relationship. Just saying. But if it's not for you, then it isn't. That's cool. :slight_smile: