1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long is your commute?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Nov 17, 2014.

1. RadioRoss

It takes me 5-10 minutes to walk to school, depending on the weather....since it's snowing now, it'll definitely take a lot longer to get to school, unless i want to rush and fall on my face.

#41 RadioRoss, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. Formality

Back in highschool I ate breakfast at school so I used to wake up around 10 mins before the bus left and sleep for another 20-30 minutes on the bus. I had around half an hoyr before classes began to eat my reakfast and talk with my friends :slight_smile: it was perfect.

3. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About an hour an half (144 miles round trip); but I have to leave an hour earlier because I have to sign in every morning, at building two miles away from the site; along with a couple hundred other people. Then about a half mile walk into the actual site from the parking lot.

I absolutely hate it and I'm thinking of asking for a layoff.

4. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I take two separate bus's to school. The first one drops me off at my normal highschool then the second drops me off at another specialized school in total it is and hour and a half of -10c bus's it sucks.

5. Andronas

I'm currently in community college, and my normal commute to classes is around 20 minutes one-way. After that, I ususally have business in town, and then the 20 minute drive home. So I spend an average of 1 hour daliy simply driving.

I'm ready to continue my studies at a university, because I honestly hate driving. It takes a lot out of me because of my natural internal/cerebral focus. I feel like I would have more energy if I could walk everywhere. It'll be a relief if I can get a suite room and not have to drive during that couple of years.

6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My commute is the bane of my existence. It used to only be 20 minutes or so in good conditions, maybe 40 with traffic, but then my company moved to a new office. It's only 6-7 miles further, but it's closer to the city and means I have to deal with 128 which I think is one of the most terrible stretches of road in the country. I used to spend 40+ minutes most days idling on the on-ramp before I decided I just couldn't do that anymore. Now I generally arrive at 9:30-10:00 and leave at around 6:30 which saves me at least an hour on what I was doing before. Getting home at night still sucks but at least now I don't leave until it's going to be about a 45 minute drive.

Of course, snow is coming and while I like winter it's going to make me pretty angry at times. Last year one morning it took me 2:45 to get to work and I swore I would never do that again. I'm sure I'll get stranded by a blizzard at some point though; hopefully someone else will stick around and go grab a bite to eat or walk around the mall or something.

7. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To and from work is 10.8 miles or 17.4 kilometers or 20 minutes or the entire song "Alices Restaurant Masacre" by Arlo Guthrie played once. Yes I measured it by a song.

8. Candace

About an hour and fifteen minutes each way.

9. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work from home so my commute is stepping out do bed and taking about two steps to the right and I'm at my desk...usually takes about 1 minute at the most lol

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My commute is about 10 minutes...15 if I hit the rural rush hour. I have no reason to hate it. It's a pleasant amount of downtime.

11. luckycar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My commute is about 20 miles one way. That can take as little as 25 minutes or well over an hour depending upon traffic, weather, etc.

12. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's about 20 minutes in a bus to college for me. I like being in the bus but I HATE waiting at the bus stop.

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It takes me around 20 minutes to walk to work. I actually enjoy it a lot, as on my way, I get to walk through a park, and the walk gets me energized for the day. ... the beauty of living and working not far from downtown. :slight_smile:

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When I was attending college, the local community college is, like, a 2 minute drive away from my house. It takes, no more, than 5 minutes to get there, find a place to park, park, and walk to the building doors. Very nice, really.

With my place of employment, now, that is the fun one. If I drive the speed limit, it takes about 5-10 minutes, depending on whether or not, I hit any traffic lights. But, if I don't drive the speed limit, I can get there in about 3-5 minutes.

15. LibraryLass

LibraryLass Guest

From home to school - 10 minutes by car, 15 if I'm late, 15 by bus, I might be able to walk in 40 minutes or perhaps less without my schoolbag. I'm not sure.

16. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For school, I either get a lift or public transport.

Lift is about 20-25 minutes, depending on traffic.
    Two buses takes about 40 minutes.

Don't mind either, I get there either way.

17. White Knight

20-30 minutes of walk with 5 mins break to feed stray cats and sometimes dogs.

18. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About 45 minutes. Its alright, get to daydream :lol:

19. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My commute right now is about 2hr each way. Now with the snow it can sometimes be 3hrs. But I'll be leaving that job in 2 weeks because I just can't deal with that drive anymore.

20. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    5 min to school, 30 min to the nearest "city," and 2 hours to the nearest "proper city."