1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest hurts, possibly from binding?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Aintzane411, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Aintzane411

So the main binder I use is the Underworks Tri Top, yeah? And I've got pretty big boobs, so I don't get fully flat, but I accept that. Baggy T-shirt, hoodie, and no one's the wiser.

However, I also bought one of those cheap $10 tank-top binders from ebay, and I've been planning on not using it, but instead examining it to make one of my own that works better and is safer.

Couple days ago, though, I was just sitting in my room and decided to wear said ebay binder for an hour or so while on the computer, just for a bit of added comfort. It didn't hurt while wearing it or anything, but now, 4 days later, my chest still feels kind of tight and sore. I first noticed it maybe 2 days ago or something.

I can still breathe fine, and I've been sick and still have a lingering cough that might be contributing to the pain. I don't know. Yesterday I couldn't even wear my Tri Top for as long as I normally can. I had to take it off halfway through the day for a few hours.

Any advice? I'm definitely not going to wear that ebay binder again, since I'm like 80% sure that's what caused this. I don't think I bruised anything though, since I was just sitting around while wearing it. Idk I guess if it keeps going on for a few days I'll have to go to my doctor or something. -_-

2. stormborn

i was having some rib pain due to binding for too long with the tri-top. i went to a doctor and they said pretty much if there is no bruising or broken ribs, it's likely just pain and nothing to worry too heavily about. try just taking some time off from binding if you can. i wore three sports bras for about a week and a half and now i'm back to binding with minimal pain.

try coughing lots to get your chest a bit clearer, too. if you're coughing up lots of fluid, definitely go to the doctor.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My guess is that the new binder is causing the pain since you said that it was the first time that you wore it. Those cheap e-bay ones are fine for smaller chested people, but I have heard of them causing problems with larger chested people. So, I'd take a little time off, and then stick with the tri-top and see if that decreases your pain.

4. birdking

Those cheap ebay binders are the worst, man, I own two and they always leave me sore. I wear them sometimes because they're not as hot as an underworks binder but yeah I would recommend not using them.