1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereotypical things you do.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DoriaN, Nov 16, 2014.

1. DoriaN

Well we always have to understand and determine our gender outside the common or typical gender cues or lines but... I know for some of us deep down we feel glad when we fall into a few or even many of them

So... What things pertaining to your gender do you stereotypically or seemingly stereotypically follow?!

For myself:

-My favourite colour is purple, followed by magenta or green. I love shades of purples and pinks.
    -I like and want to sing or be able to melodically sing kinda of like Celtic Woman.
    -I like and want to dance, want to break out the fancy shoes and dress or keep it simple and just work the floor in my own sensual silly style.
    -I never liked sports, only like Lacrosse or volleyball do I find interesting but all that running around makes me sweaty =[
    -I love animals and hunting is upsetting! I don't want to shoot any cute animals even if they are like, super tasty =[
    -I love girly drinks. Vodka cranberries, margaritas, cream liquers all of them. beer is gross but I finally learned how to tolerate some of it... Wines and mixed drinks are my jam~
    -I love clothes accessories and aesthetic appeasment. This leads to a natural fashion design, pickiness when choosing colours for my mmo character, and overall hours of nitpicking anything that has customization or colous. Off the shoulder tops, piercings, bangles, necklaces, LOVE EM!
    -I love cooking and would like to get better, I love the idea of providing for the family after my hubby comes back from a hard day's work <3
    -Cleaning is... kinda fun! Like I can be totally lazy and sometimes it sucks, but I get a certain feeling when I clean and prepare for others, it makes me happy.
    -I'm submissive. I like it when someone compliments me in that regard, them being the lead and myself following. I mean being independant is one thing, but I genuinely enjoy feeling like a beta.
    -I know next to nothing about cars. I hard to text my best friend and youtube a video on how to fix a flat tire one day and it was nerve wracking Dx. I mean I'm a welder and in the trades, but I know jack and care to know jack about cars. I like Corvettes because I think they look pretty. That's aboot it Dx
    -I raise my pinky when I drink anything. Not sure where I got the habit from, but I like it ^^

And a bunch of other stuff. It's hard to list everything, and some of them are a bit more... nuanced than words could give justice, but yeah!

Figured it could be a cute little topic about things we do that we are likely proud of, or secretly proud of ^^ <3

2. LibraryLass

LibraryLass Guest

I'm not a supertypical girl, I don't think... but I do:

1. Knit
    2. Like singing and choir (but I think teenage boys have better voices in general. Theres this one choir I worship, and it happens to be all male)
    3. Strongly dislike doing sport - though I actually think this may be more insecurity than a genuine dislike, because kids always used to ridicule me for being 'bad' at it and I did go through the primary school chubby stage...
    4. Love the whole vintage thing. Antique centres are fab, and if mum lets me pick a new dress for the semi next year I want to have one of those twirly rockabilly/pin-up-style dresses with the nice fabric etc.)
    5. I really like doing other girls' hair. This one friend had a sleepover party and while everyone was getting over the meltdown from one of the girls dislocating her knee (long story) I was doing this one girl's hair all with braids as we watched Doctor Who/Thor 2 (can't remember which one). I guess I just find it relaxing, and I have short curly hair that doesn't style easily. As a kid I remember pestering my little sister to let me practice braiding on her...

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. I live for sports.
    2. I love video games (who doesn't?!).
    3. I am really competitive. In sports, grades, being a show-off, you name it.
    4. I never found an interest in cooking. Can't say I'm proud of this, as it's an important thing to know, but it goes along with the gender expectations.
    5. I don't get overly-enthusiastic like a stereotypical girl.
    6. I prefer Shonen manga over Shojo.
    7. I don't cry easily.
    8. I am better at math and science rather than language arts (even though everyone argues that they're equal for the genders).
    9. I really don't enjoy crafty things such as scrapbooking and stuff like that.
    10. I hate drama. Not the literary kind, the bitchy catfight kind.

That's all I can think of for now...

4. Raatox

I like this topic!
    stereotypical male stuff:
    I love engines and big machines
    I love to tinker with bikes and stuff
    I love working out heavy
    I'm completely lousy at keeping my apartment orderly
    I don't understand women

Although I identify as mostly male, I do some stereotypically female things that I'm quite proud of
    I love to knit and sew
    I like pink
    I love cute animals
    I'm very caring
    I love to paint

5. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can't think of any to be honest ... I like dark colors, does that count? Also, I have a hard time showing feelings, sympathy or interest - it's not like I don't want to, I just can't.

Guess I'm not a very manly man :lol:

Yeah right!! like I'll step up and lead if it's required but otherwise I enjoy just being supportive, kinda like a secretary or a mother. I don't know why but it makes me feel happy. People often confuse this with weakness but they're wrong!

6. Acm

Acm Guest

I'm not very masculine but I'll try this
    1. I like darker colors
    2. I can be a bit aggressive sometimes (other times I'm a total push over though)
    3. I get uncomfortable with emotion
    4. I'm bad with clothes and decorating
    5. I'm sort of gross sometimes

7. anonym

anonym Guest

I sometimes do stuff just because it makes me feel manly like read the sports news :lol:

8. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see...

-I don't understand gossip
    -I'm not afraid to get dirty. Or roughhouse
    -I kind of understand the way women think, but not how they act, like the amount of time they put into their appearance
    -I usually make decisions using logic
    -My mind is always in the gutter...
    -I only give out compliments if I really mean them
    -I tend to talk loudly
    -I like sports
    -I don't care much for children
    -I'm not attracted to super masculine guys, I have a more dominant role in relationships

But I also have feminine qualities which I'm proud of like being in touch with my emotions, appreciating art and beauty, enjoying writing, and using a lot of emojis when I'm excited.

9. Mickz

This is a hard one....
    I don't like sports.
    favorite color is purple.
    Wow what else is there...
    Love animals to bits.
    Snakes freak me out.
    Cars bore me.

10. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've never once doubted I was female, but I don't seem to fit many of the girly-girl stereotypes. Except...

1. My voice gets super high when I'm excited
    2. I love doing makeup, mine or other people's (but not hair for some reason)
    3. I am awful at all video games
    4. I love singing and theatre
    5. I get involved in "girl drama"...that is, I try to stay out of it, but sometimes I just get sucked in because it's interesting

I love all of these things about me...even if they are stereotypical :icon_bigg

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I have long hair.
    2. I like to wear skirts and dresses (as long as they're not covered in sparkles or anything like that...)
    3. I like cute things~. ^.^
    4. I use lots of emoticons/emoji when chatting online or through text messaging.
    5. I like Hello Kitty.
    6. When I was little I used to play with dolls a lot.
    7. I like playing dress-up games online.
    8. I like to dye my hair.
    9. I wear perfume.
    10. I like to wear jewelry.
    11. I like to write with colored pens.
    12. I don't really like sports.

#11 YuriBunny, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

What's crazy is that I did half of these before coming out

- Sniff test my jeans before putting them on for day 2
    - I spend five minutes clothes shopping. That counts the time it takes to find the item. I don't try anything on unless it's pants.
    - I want to get to the point in conversations. I care about the information
    - I can emphasize but not for a total stranger
    - Kids weird me out
    - Uncomfortable with emotion. Only a few select people know otherwise

13. Porter

Out Status:
    A few people
    -Oh I definitely did the sniffing clothes thing.
    -Shopping made me either restless or sleepy- the only times I am excited to get clothes is to replace my girly clothing with more masculine ones.
    -I've never and had no interest in wearing makeup or nail polish. Been avoiding dresses since I could talk!
    -I am lost with girls and drama, I can understand 'girl-talk' a lot better than most guys, but there is some girl-logic that I can't wrap my head around, personally.
    -I like the feeling I get when working out or playing sports and just feeling like I' getting stronger!
    -I'm open-minded about what to do in a relationship, but I tend to naturally default to more dominant.
    -I'm not as expressive as most females I know.

I also like the idea putting down 'feminine' things we are proud of!
    -I'm super empathetic. I like to help people out and will go out of my way to cheer someone up.
    -Love animals. Always have, always will.
    -I get way too excited about seeing a cute couple of people I know.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    -I get nervous when I'm sorrounded only by girls (extra nervous and uncomfortable if they are young and pretty)
    -I hate long talks about "feelings" and "problems". I can even become verbally aggresive (like sending them to hell) when they push me into them, and most of the time, if they don't shut up, I just stand up and go. I just hate such things... In my experience they only create issues and missunderstandings.
    -To me words are less worth than acts.
    -I love long talks about ideas or interesting topics. Anything related to science, computers...
    -My partner does the cooking, I come back home with the ingredients, the roses, and the love words (a lot of them, by the way)
    -I love being a gentleman to women, and if they blush, I feel like a rocket about to launch. I also run to help women, and I don't care if they are pretty or not, young or not... I feel like it's my duty to help them.
    -I think women are wonderful, beautiful and all -ful you can think of, but... They are definitely the opposite sex, and therefore I can't understand them.
    -I don't like when my date tries to pay for me. I pay for both or I pay for my stuff.
    -I need to have my personal space untouched.
    -I don't feel comfortable if my partner earns more than me.
    -What I wear must be comfortable, timeless and simple.

15. Yuriseme

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    1. I have shot hair.
    2. I like wearing shirts and pants not dresses or skirts.
    3. I like cute things~. ^.^
    4. I use lots of emoticons/emoji when chatting online or through text messaging.
    5. I like Domo.
    6. I hate dolls.
    7. I like playing rp games.
    8. I like to dye my hair.
    9. I wear perfume.
    10. I like to wear jewelry.
    11. I like to write with colored pens.
    12. I don't really like sports.