My girlfriend chose her mom's homophobia over me after 15 months...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by princessbre14, Nov 13, 2014.

1. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am literally so heartbroken right now. My very in the closet girlfriend of a year and three months chose her mom over me last night. basically her mom told her "I'm tired of pretending not to see whats going on between you two. It's completely unacceptable and so wrong in God's eyes. You will delete her from EVERYTHING, block her on your phone and never, EVER even speak her name again. You need to get your life straight. Come home RIGHT NOW."....... And she listened. Mind you, my girlfriend ( Well, ex-girlfriend now :tears: ), Is NINETEEN years old. She graduated from high school, has a job, pays her share of the bills yet she still listened to her mom.... I always knew this day would come, but this was NEVER the outcome I expected. I promise you, I know she loves me with every thing in her, so its kills me how devestatingly heart broken we both are right now, yet I can't help but hate this beautiful girl I am so in love with, because I should have have meant more than her mom's homophobic episode. Hell, my girls happiness should have mattered more!!! I've told her time and time again that she can't go around living her life to make others happy, because then she will never be happy, but once again I witnessed her breaking her own heart for her mom's close-minded attitude. I AM SO BROKEN. I can't even cry though. I've been depressed for a few months and its like I've cried so much that I ran out of tears, I used them all up. I can't accept this emotionally and feel the pain to deal with this and get over it. I dont know what to do...

2. Chocolateaddict

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That so sad to hear but even though she shouldn't have to choose between you and her mom, it's her mom the person who raised her and gave birth to her, she also has authority on her it's normal that she listenned to her mom. But if you love her and you know she loves you as a human being, I would tell you to hold on to her don't pressure her into making a choice but you could try to still be her friend, to talk to her, have you?
    I'm only 18 so maybe it's a stupid advice but i would tell you to find her, giver her time, support her and show her that you still love her no mattter what..

3. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    No im only 18 too its ok. And yes it is so heart breaking. I cant talk to her... she let her mom block me from everything. She wont talk to me... I feel like she has absolutely no idea what shes done to me

4. Blossom85

I am so sorry you are hurting so badly right now.. This is the worst kind of breakup cause there is no closure, not able to talk to her and know what she is thinking and feeling and being able to comfort each other must be really hard for you and most probably her as well. I can't even begin to imagine what was going through her mind when her mum told her all of that.. I guess one thing could be if she lives at home, she might feel she still needs to obey her mothers rules.. I know it's not any constellation or excuse and I am really feeling for you right now.. It is going to take some time, but you will move on and let go, one day at a time.. She sounds like someone who feels a desperate need to please her family and I am sorry that it came to this and she choose her family over you. All I can give to you is my support, empathy and an ear and a shoulder if you ever need to talk to someone. ~big hugs~ You will find your way out of the darkness and back into the light.

5. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Thats is such a sad break up, it most feel horrible to be separated by someone's bigotry. Maybe you could send her a message throught another phone to communicate with her. Asking her something like 'is this really what you want your life to be like, i dont know, or try getting some closure, expressing your feelings or somehting like that.

:hugs:

6. As much as I want to tell myself that I would choose love over a homophobic parent, I probably wouldn't. I count my blessings everyday to have accepting parents but, even if they weren't accepting, I would probably still pick them. That's my family.

But I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you.

7. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't know. I also have extremely accepting parents and I never take them for granted, but if they werent accepting? You better believe I wouldnt conform to their ideas of happiness for me. Id just give them the ultimatum of "Get happy that I'm happy, Or get out of my life"

8. thekillingmoon

That sucks for you, sorry. I guess, family is very important to her at this point in her life. If she does love you, maybe she'll change her mind. If not, you'll have to find someone who's not afraid to stand up to their family and go against their wishes.

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can't force other people to make changes until they know deep down within themselves what they want. It sounds like she wants her mother's acceptance more than your love.

10. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    T_T -trys purring all over princessbres arm to try to help heal her emotional factures- thats so sad though how dare her mother. but currently i am in pain too slightly so thats what drew me to the chat is someone in pain like me

11. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes It sucks and thats what drew me to the whole site was people who could understand what im going through

12. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    really ? ^^

13. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yes no joke MissMiri :slight_smile:

14. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    sames kinda but more or less maybe for love idk

15. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah I know what you mean I guess. I dont know. This whole situation just has me down.... and now she wants me to be her girlfriend as a 100% secret where i would honestly not ever see her. NOT HAPPENING. She's dragged me along too long it just hurts like hell

16. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    -hugs u- i agree she kinda did

17. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    15 months about us being worried about getting caught. 15 minutes of ups and downs

18. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    but in a way maybe her parents scared her into this so its not completely her fault idk i am a bit of a noob at this -purrs-

19. princessbre14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    She shouldnt have been so scared and cowardly. She should have been mad that they werent just happy she was in love

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM ----------

I dont know... im stuck on these adele lyrics
    "And I hear your words that I made up
    You say my name like there could be an us
    I best tidy up my head I'm the only one in love
    I'm the only one in love

Each and every time I turn around to leave
    I feel my heart begin to burst and bleed
    So desperately I try to link it with my head
    But instead I fall back to my knees
    As you tear your way right through me
    I forgive you once again