Who Do You Trust?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bookreader, Nov 12, 2014.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um... my dog...

And I mostly trust my BFF and my sister, but not 100%.

2. HageshiLikesAnime

I trust my ex and only her becase without her I probably would have committed suiside by now (trust me she has had to talk me out of it twice)

3. greenunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to trust my sister but then she found out about me hurting myself and told my parents.
    I used to trust my tutor but she was only pretending she gave a crap about me.
    I used to trust my friend (who is no longer my friend) but she started being a bitch and telling everyone about me being a lesbian before I was ready for everyone to know and also started insulting me.
    The list goes on and on. As of now, I trust no one. When I trust people they tend to just hurt me so it's hard for me to trust people. Apart from on the internet of course since no one here knows who I am. (!)

4. ChameleonSoul

My best friend. And everyone at EC of course!

5. kumawool

I trust a lot of people. I trust my mother, my boyfriend, and my best friend who has supported me at all my life stages. These three people are my base, and without them I wouldn't have the love, the support, and the good judgement needed to make the excellent choices I have in life. Social support networks are so, so important, important enough to even affect things like life span and development! That I have a good support network is one of my greatest gifts :slight_smile:.

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I trust family and close friends (including boyfriend). Otherwise, it's hard to trust a lot of other people. I've been betrayed by family or close friends yet, so I have no reason not to trust. I have to trust some people. Going through life without trusting anyone would be impossible for me.

7. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I trust my best friend, my favorite teacher from high school, my mentor and a couple kids I got close to last year.

8. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I don't trust anybody, not even myself. Although getting to know myself helped a lot, but there are still areas of life that I don't know how I would react to.

As for others, complete 100% trust is unknown to me. There are some people that I trust with some things, for example I don't have problem leaving my phone and wallet in my jacket next to my friends (ok that's 2 people I'm talking about...), but I wouldn't trust them with my deepest secrets. I fear they would use them against me or abandon me because of them, as others did in the past.

I trust my family with certain things, but I wouldn't tell them my secrets either. My cousin is the one that I share the most things with, but even she doesn't know my true self. Here, on the relatively anonymous internet, I'm more open, but trust is still a problem.

9. DelvSeigible

Always trust yourself. Trusting ones own thought minuses deliberation time, it boost memory, and establishes self confidant. This does not mean you are always right though it does provide a person some reassurance in knowing that they are doing the activities they want to do in their daily life.

When people fail you DO NOT fail yourself.
    -E

#49 DelvSeigible, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  10. Ryujin

Very few people, and those who I do know very well who they are.

11. Magnemma

Magnemma Guest

I used to trust my two best friends, but now they are distant I wish I never trusted them. I guess the person i trust most right now is my best friends older sister.

12. rowena14

I trust no one until they prove they can be trusted

13. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

I trust people who deserve to be trusted. No need to be jaded, good people happen. And trust me, I have definitely trusted the wrong people before, but I have learned since then.

14. changetheworld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I trust different people for different reasons. For example, I trust my mum to be caring and understanding, I trust my dad to be respectful of my privacy (like not going through my Facebook messages like my mum does), and I trust my oldest family friend to always be there for me.

15. I'm_Danni_x

I agree with some on here. Very few people.

16. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    I trust until you give me a reason not too

17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In order to live in a civilized society, trust is an important component of that. I need to trust that the food that I buy is safe, that the car I drive was properly designed and built, that the doctor I see is competent, that the buildings I live and work in are sturdy and warm...All of these things involve human beings who decide to do their work with honesty and integrity, yes, humans are fallible, but a lot of good gets done anyway...

We trust a lot more than we think!

18. LoneWolfRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly there is no one who knows 100% about all the important things in my life. There are three friends and my brother who I kind of trust, but not fully. I have a really amazing teacher though, who I just came out to, and I have the feeling I could tell her anything, but I get really shy on this topic, so I'm not sure how much I really trust her.

19. Rainbows~Exist

All of the amazing members of EC of course! :grin:

However, offline I only trust my best friend, my sister and my mother... yet sometimes I give away trust easily and that has turned out bad in the past :/

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People on EC.