1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Effect?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BecomingEllie, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Fafner

Exactly! He's definitely one of my all time favorite video game characters

2. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried playing a FemShep, but I liked the male voice acting too much. I've done run-throughs with a Vanguard, Adept, Infiltrator, Engineer. I love the story of 1 and 2 and the game-play of 3 is just phenomenal. I am a Bioware fan, thank goodness I went out on a limb and played ME3 even though I do not enjoy shooters.

They are either, gray haired, red headed. Green, gray, purple eyed.

3. White Knight

Same. Also not only shooters also Sci fi is not my favorite genre.

When they passed out free ME 2 after terrible failing of DA 2. I give it a go. God I am glad I did. It is the best game series for me.

If there are still people who didn't see these....

[YOUTUBE]CpeRk1YFn8s[/YOUTUBE]

I found whole series hilarious. :lol:

4. BaconMonster

Mass effect is one of my all time favorite games. I played mass effect 2(better story) and mass effect 3 (better gameplay). I play a male paragon but the renegade options are irresistible sometimes (like that part in ME2 where I lit a krogan on fire while he was talking smack, too fun.) Can't wait for ME4.

5. BaconMonster

We'll bang ok?

6. TheShepard

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If you can't tell by my name, I looove ME. My canon is a Paragade Femshep, Colonist/Sole Survivor. Vanguard (although I did a playthrough with her as an Infiltrator). Garrus as LI (though she almost jumped in the shower with Traynor, but I had to reload, can't cheat on my beloved Garrus). I acually just finished the trilogy on insanity (just need to play online in 3 for plat). Me2 Horizon had me in tears. I guess Adept was the wrong choice for an insanity run.. Especially since biotics is kind of useless on higher difficulties in 2, since EVERY enemy has barrier, armor, shields or a combo. But I got threw it, and I'm sooo happy! :slight_smile:

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I just started playing it, so I'm way late. I've heard positive things, so here's hoping I'll enjoy.

8. Doctorlysomethn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have all three on my laptop, the first one on my 360, finished it on my 360, yet haven't bothered finishing them on my laptop :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Don't get me wrong, I love the game, just haven't had any incentive to finish it as then I'll get hooked on completing the second one and then the third :lol:

9. John2517

I just picked up ME2 well after it came out and got hooked on it. Probably my favorite one

10. IsItLynnOrLinn

I'm a sucker for choice games (esp. ones without the generic "good" and "evil" bs) and Mass Effect is by far my favorite.

I started a play through as a Vanguard and never looked back (best class imo) with a mostly Renegade (85% or so) FemShep (the one and only.) I never completed 3 though because the Multiplayer is addicting af.

Plus, Traynor is the bomb. Sexy, sassy, non-stereotyped lesbian? Hell yeah.

Legion is also kinda my robotic husbandowaifuthing but I digress.

#30 IsItLynnOrLinn, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  11. Benway

Benway Guest

The Reapers were good when they were like this...

[YOUTUBE]7Clu6qBEDJk[/YOUTUBE]

...then that stupid ghost kid showed up in ME3 and messed everything up.

12. Serendipity13

Love love Mass Effect. The 2nd and 3rd ones are probably some of the most replayed games in my collection. I've played through as every class, male and female, tried relationships with just about everyone. They are my go to games when I have free time and nothing new to play.

13. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I think the idea of the Reapers is really good, they make a good villain. I liked how they made them really mysterious through out the series too.

Iv heard that the orignal ending was going to be something to do with dark matter but for some reason they changed it. I remember a few times on ME2 that dark matter was mentioned a bit through out the game. This might have made a better ending.

14. White Knight

Yes. It is especially mentioned by Tali and Quarians during her loyalty mission. I kinda remember reading somewhere why that plot is dropped but thanks to my weaky leaky memory I forgot it.

I always saw Reapers as a sci fi explanation for Armageddon. Ghost brat was kinda meh but after that point in the game you only have to make one final decision... It is like real life, you have to deal with the options you are given, so not really all bothered with it.

15. Candace

One of my best friends and my brother actually play it. When I have more time (possibly during this Christmas break), I will look into playing it more. I've have no time for video games :/.

It really does look interesting!

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Okay I just beat the first game. It was AWESOME!!! Have yet to play ME2 and ME3 though!

17. Benway

Benway Guest

I read that article, the writer of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 was busy with a different game during the production of Mass Effect 3 and he handed the writer's position to someone else. He said that his ending would have involved going to the "Reaper's Realm," which as Sovereign stated is "out in dark space," and using dark matter to destroy them or control them or something based on the player's actions.

#37 Benway, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  18. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

That ending doesnt sound too bad but not that much different to the actual one.

19. Benway

Benway Guest

I think it looks better on paper and would probably look even better in practice-- considering the writer of ME1 and ME2 was completely absent for ME3 and the writer they were left with was... less than competent, I'm sure it would have made a whole lot more sense on screen, expanded and whatnot. Fundamentally there's nothing wrong with the ending of ME3, until you start thinking critically and realize the only ending of ME3 that's "real" is the red ending, because that whole incident with the Illusive Man on the Citadel was a sort of Fight Club mindfuck thing.

20. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Mass effect 2 was brilliant, they should have kept him. The thing that pissed me off and possibly a lot of people was how all the decisions made throughout the series had no affect on the ending. Like if you saved the Rachni Queen in 1 or destroyed the Collector base in 2, it made no difference in 3.