Anything you dislike about the fashion/clothing of your gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anonym, Nov 9, 2014.

1. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I despise loose, baggy basketball shorts. They're so lame and frankly unflattering. Honestly, if it was socially acceptable, I would absolutely wear skin tight girl's pants in public :icon_redf Just sayin'.....

2. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't people competing in a marathon or bikecycle race wear skin-tight pants all the time?

If the pants are too short it looks kinda weird though (because of male anatomy :icon_mrgr). You could wear really tight pants (like 1-2 sizes too small) under your actual pants to better hide the male parts. Use darker colors to hide contours and shadows.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that most female clothing seems to be more oriented towards shorter people, so taller people like me and my sister have a lot of trouble finding stuff in our size! Most of the biological girls in my family are like, a foot and a half taller than average. Nothing ever wants to fit. :dry:

That, and I'm way too flat and boxy to pull off a lot of the clothes I think look fantastic on others. But I guess that's less the clothes and more my figure.

4. anonym

anonym Guest

I hate men's boat shoes. They look like....well...boats :lol:

I hate my bum and thighs in men's trousers. I can't seem to shift the weight. I don't understand. It used to be so easy for me to lose weight. Maybe it's the ssri s?

5. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hate mens jeans too thick, where womens jeans are thinner, and more fitted.
    men shirts dont have the colors i like whee womens do.
    womens panties and lingerie, are more comfortable to me then mens~~~!!!

6. Rainbows~Exist

BAGGY JEANS. Even skinny men's jeans feel to baggy for me, I normally have to buy smaller sizes.

7. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Am I the only one that likes the thickness of men's jeans?? Seriously, I own like three pairs and they're lasting for AGES, unlike women's which are so thin they fall apart and stretch out rapidly.

There's actually not much I dislike strongly about men's clothes. Most of what I dislike fashion-wise is dated now, anyway, so it's not seen much. Things like wide ties and popped collars. Generally it comes down to how things are being worn. Socks with sandals - really sandals at all (on either sex, I don't like them at all aesthetically, but I hate feet, so), baggy ass jeans and the act of sagging and belting jeans around the ass which is terrible. I hate baseball caps and trucker caps, and a lot of men's graphic t's, but I'm not really big on graphic t's in general, and don't own many of them. Also polos, and sweatpants, which are things I just hate in general, on either sex.

I have a love/hate relationship with cargo pants. It's impossible to find any that don't hang supremely low in the crotch (are we supposed to presume cis guys really need all this extra room? I tried on a pair of cargo pants one time and I swear to god, I could fit like three or four bananas in there if I wanted to. You're fooling no one.). They're not flattering in general. They often come in ugly khaki/tan colors. But I do like pockets, and they have a comfort factor when they fit right. If I could find a pair of black cargo pants that fit well, I'd probably buy them.

My only other qualm in shopping for men's clothes is that clothes fitted for young men are usually not great, and it's hard to find anything else that fits right. Young men have no taste.

8. Acm

Acm Guest

To be honest I don't really dislike much about men's clothing. My biggest complaint is usually how other people wear it (guys that sag their pants all the time :dry:slight_smile:

I don't like snapbacks but I don't know if that's gender specific

9. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Exactly! Also, how hoods on jackets and goodies are way to small to go over your head.

10. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Hmmm what do I hate about men's clothing, um only EVERYTHING! I think the words "fucking boring" sums it up nicely.

11. Pleione

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao: oh dear!

12. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate jacket shoulders that are over-padded. Looks so 80's.
    Also, boxers that bunch up around the legs though technically boxers aren't fashion items and there are always boxer briefs or regular underwear to choose from

13. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people

Thank you (*hug*) That actually really helps.

14. Lady Boss

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hate wearing heels and dress only were those when necessary im more of a sneakers chick :slight_smile:

15. NatWheeled

Hmm well let's see where do I start?

Most my issues with clothes have to do with how they fit. I can only wear crew neck shirts which are apparently going extinct in favor of v-necks and other low neck lines. There's nothing more frustrating than finding a shirt pattern or color I like than realizing its a v-neck. I have really narrow shoulders. Jackets/hoodies are a pain....if I get a size that fits my shoulders its too small on my bust and I can't zip it up. If I go a size bigger, its baggy in the shoulders.

16. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really see the point in ties... Okay, they might like nice sometimes, but they are just pieces of fabric hanging from your neck. They're not even like scarves, which keep the neck warm.

17. DoriaN

I like not having pockets on my pants but I wish sizes were made for larger girls.

For guy clothing it's boring and plain and fits funny.

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Small pockets on pants and... The cut of panties with my birth anatomy.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2014 at 11:20 PM ----------

Ties suck.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2014 at 11:21 PM ----------

Omfg yes!

I don't give a shit what I wear to work. But when I get home or go out I spend like an hour picking out outfits and doing makeup.

19. PeytonRose

I can never really find any shirts that fit me correctly :frowning2:

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2014 at 11:28 PM ----------

20. Stacy in MA

Yes, yes, yes on the pockets thing - why have these little half pockets in the pants - either have pockets that can fit a phone, or just have trim to make it look like pockets. Really my only pet peeve about woman's clothes - love everything else about them.

Kasey - I just started giving a shit about my guy clothes, and I'm actually enjoying them a little more and feeling better about myself in them. I've been trying to shop for my guy clothes the way I shop for my girl clothes, putting together outfits, wearing more fitted and colorful things, and buying more and nicer shoes and co-ordinating them with my outfits, and it seems to be helping a bit.