I'm scared, overwhelmed and just want to cry.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by phoenix89, Oct 28, 2014.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot has been going on in my life lately. I am still dealing with losing my faith. I am currently going through spiritual withdraws, if that is the right phrase. I am struggling with the fact that I can't believe, that I can't have my faith back. I can't, everything that I new growing up is now gone.

In addition, my Dad got new health insurance and it doesn't cover the Cleveland Clinic. It one of the best hospitals in the country. My Dad has an aneurysm that is growing. Once an aneurysm reaches 5.5mm surgery is considered, my Dad's is 5.2mm. The Cleveland Clinic is the hospital in the country that can preform the surgery and it is not covered.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What else is involved in losing your faith? Why can't you believe in something other than whatever alienated you?

And regarding medical bills, check with the hospital about financial assistance. I (as someone with no health insurance) got cancer surgery that would certainly have cost me thousands for a $5 copay after proving that I had no way to pay for it. If finances are an issue, there may be solutions.

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was pretty much chased away. I have been doubting my faith for a long time and when I came out I prayed for help and he wasn't there. When I started losing my faith I prayed and cried for a sign and got none. When I needed God's help and he was not there.

I am hoping that there is something that can be done. This is easy a $100,000+ surgery but if doesn't get it. He won't make it. However, it is a risky surgery and it will have to be in patient as well because of his heart.

---------- Post added 28th Oct 2014 at 03:14 PM ----------

My little brother also has to go to the Cleveland Clinic for a swollen spinal cord.

#3 phoenix89, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. Caleb93

I can totally relate to your situation with your faith. About 3 years ago I stopped believing after having been a devout Christian all my life. It's hard losing something that has been such a big part of your life and a source of comfort. I don't mean to put down religion, but in many ways it is like a drug. Regardless of whether or not it's true, it's something that helps you through your struggles in life. When you lose your faith, you lose the stability that comes with it. However, it's something that does get better with time. Just like any other major change in your life, you just need to get used to it.

I don't know much about medical expenses, but I hope that your dad and brother can get the help they need.

5. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can see the drug correlation that you are making. Someone, including myself can use it to get through the hard times. It can also be used as away to not deal with problems because they can be passed over to God to deal with. That way we do not have to face the problems. This is not a healthy thing to do, but it is done a lot. I was guilty of this, there is also the song Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood ( I included a youtube video of the song). Now that I have lost my faith, I am going through a sort of spiritual withdrawals. They are extremely to deal with, and I would give anything not to have to deal with them, but it is for the best if I work my way through this.

Thanks, I really hope they can get everything sorted out with them. I have already lost my Mom and multiple other friends and family members. I am not ready for anything else to happen, especially to the only parent I have left.

[YOUTUBE]lydBPm2KRaU[/YOUTUBE]

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Regarding Jesus Take The Wheel: That's not how God works. He has given us the ability to drive cars and the desire to live when things go wrong. Tossing up your hands is tossing away the gifts you've been given. Richard Dawkins thinks a robust faith is delusion, but the fact that God doesn't instantly make everything okay doesn't mean he isn't there. It means you will become stronger for having gone through suffering.

It's not an easy conclusion to come to as my life is getting difficult in a very similar manner as yours. But all we can do is tuck our chins and power through. :frowning2:

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried powering through, I try to keep my faith, but I just couldn't. It was more dangerous for me to keep my faith than lose.

I wasn't asking God to instantly make thing better. I was asking to know that I am not alone and not just mindlessly suffering for no reason. When my Mom died he wasn't there, when I started questioning my sexuality he wasn't there, when I was losing my faith HE WASN'T THERE. When I truly needed him, he wasn't there. How is that suppose to make me stronger, I needed his support and he wasn't there. Yes I had friends who helped me, and I am can't thank them enough I wouldn't have made it without them. However, we are told that we can rely on God. There is even the F.R.O.G thing which stands for Fully Rely On God. But when I tried to rely on him, he wasn't there.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very sorry to hear you've had so many bad experiences. Obviously I can't understand your life as well as you do and I'm in no position to preach. But I hope you find some peace. :icon_sad:

9. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, I am trying to find peace.