1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Likable?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 25, 2014.

1. shinji

shinji Guest

Would you consider yourself likable? - Nope
    If so, what about you makes you likable? - Idk! \(〇_o)/
    And if not, what do you think the reason is? - Don't know, don't care.

*thread* - sneaky thread Kaiser, measuring how much people like themselves and all that.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Other people seem to like me but I don't always like myself.

3. thekillingmoon

I don't know. I try to be, but I'm often misunderstood. Most people don't know me at all and my social awkwardness and avoidance doesn't exactly help.

#43 thekillingmoon, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  4. Rainbows~Exist

Hmmm I'm not sure. I haven't met anyone who dislikes me yet so I guess that's a good sign...?

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ehhh not really, I guess. People generally like me well enough if they give me a chance, but I think I come across as cold or distance most of the time. I guess you could say I'm an acquired taste.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it seems people think I'm likable, or at least someone they could talk to without being judged. I guess it's also my pretty good "mind reading" aspect in terms of guessing someone's emotions and trying to maintain emotional harmony. I guess I just like to treat everyone as a friend or at least with fairness and respect.

7. Dented

I like to think I am, but I'm not too sure. I mean, I'm a kinda easy-going, relaxed person who'll try and talk to pretty much anyone...but on the other hand I'm a seriously awkward, sarcastic bastard who tends to have a habit of saying/doing the wrong things pretty often, as well as having almost zero self-confidence. I don't many people actively dislike me, at least.

8. One Man Army

Critics are strongly divided when it comes to this question.

Those who are broadly in favour of One Man Army point to his willingness to listen, his non-judgmental attitude and his overall positive demeanour. However, some critics have noted that he is slow to learn from his mistakes, tends to be aloof and can be prickly when stressed or tired.

9. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends who you ask :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I give off a pretty non-approachable vibe, but once I let people in, I suppose they would say I'm likeable. I have never really used that word to describe myself before. Most people would say I'm fun

10. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes definitely :slight_smile: I love making friends with people even people I meet randomly. I suppose that I am very friendly and helpful and I genuinely care about my friends. I am very opiniated though about some things and can kinda tick some people off if Im not careful about what I say.

11. iHateThinking

People seem to find me likable. Even though I really only bond closely with about 4 people, many others tend to be pretty excited to see me and talk with me or be around me. I'm easily spotted by people I know, and they're more than willing to try and get my attention. And I'm usually pretty willing to reciprocate and match their energy.

On the flip side, I'm very inward focused and have a hard time genuinely expressing myself, so I'm surprised that people seem to feel that way about me.

12. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People could see in me some potential to be likable. Right now im not very i dont think. Im really annoying, and always end up picking fights with people. There is a part of me that just has to be right all the time too. Also, i complain a lot.

13. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm told that I'm incredibly annoying and talkative but make up for by being funny in the moment:grin:

14. I think I'm likable. Me and my friends love each other. Whenever I have those moment of being blunt, I try to implement humor to mollify some of the negativity.

15. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, on the inside. i'm always nice with people, i guess that makes me likable of some short. sometimes my mouth tends slip off at the right time and people automatically go "ya know.....i like ya...." i don't know enough what makes me unlikable but i know two things, is that i'm probably a bit slow (thanks hard of hearing!) and my stubbornness. i don't know, i let people decide for themselves. i'm already at the mindset where i don't really care what other people think as much

16. paisleydaisy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm likable in small doses. Sooner or later, people can't handle me anymore. I don't feel bad about it because it's not for bad reasons. It's like I'm just too intense, too out there, idk...things I like about me, actually. Things I can't change, though I've tried to in the past, to fit in.

Sometimes I think I must have come from another planet or something...

#56 paisleydaisy, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  17. White Knight

Physically I guess so judging by the looks I get.

Personality-wise it depends if I like the indivudal I am interacting. If I don't like you, I am the worst bitch you can see. If I like you, you might wonder where I have been hiding all those years. :grin:

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm likable. I'm generally friendly and I smile a lot. Not a good conversationalist, but I'm a good listener. I think I'm approachable because random people often strike up conversations with me. Also, I'm an animal lover (maybe that's why I get along with most people) :grin:

19. Ashley2103

I don't know.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That wasn't my intention. But I'll admit, it is interesting to see, because confidence, here or in general, are practically essential, to get by. The point of this thread, or any of the others, is to inspire insightful thinking. I tend to handle it better, because I've had to penetrate and burrow into myself, over the past several years, to reach the point I have.

As for the topic itself...

Technically, yes. But I don't think it is because I am likable, only that I can play the part. I know how to speak, act, and be.

At my core, I am just a brooding renegade, with a splash of detached observer. If I acted how I felt a lot of the time, others would be overwhelmed or uncomfortable. I just handle my moods better than most, and present my actions greater than many. I do not say this with any kind of cynicism, but a humbling admittance of honesty.

I know myself, too well, inside and outside. This makes me interesting to be around, and because I know the depravity and desperation, life can inflict upon us, there is a sense of comfort and understanding, when around me. People interpret this as likable, and I can understand why they do.

My ego likes to tell me, I'm an example for others to see, and realize, they too can make changes; my humility likes to tell me, I'm just delaying the acceptance of who I am, to have others realize, they too can only delay, not change their direction in life. This is balanced, in my mind, in my actions and expressions, all throughout my waking moments, the one way or the other on the arrogance-to-confidence spectrum.

Behind these hazel eyes, there is much that would batter and break, many a great man or woman, if they had to dwell on or weigh such.

In short, I would pass a likability inspection test. But I'd come with a special label.

#60 Kaiser, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014