1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting flowers for a guy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dwrm, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Formality

I'd be very glad to get flowers or maybe just a single flowers. I like em and it's a cute way of saying "I like you". I'd say go for it. But then again some people might not like flowers. Shouldn't really matter though, if he likes you flowers or no flowers, shouldn't really make a difference :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2014 at 06:32 PM ----------

Oh my god, that's hilarious :lol:

2. 741852963

Or have extreme hayfever! :lol: Have a pack of antihistamines handy!

3. CloudyEver

I think, rather than the idea of a bouquet of flowers, a single flower, chosen with care and meaning, is better. Bouquets are nice, but they're extravagant, and kind of formal. A single bloom is, to me, far more romantic, and easier to manage. Not to mention less conspicuous, but that's my "don't make a scene" side speaking.

Do you think he'd appreciate them?

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my god, this one year for valentine's day I was given a potato in place of flowers. It was absolutely hilarious, and I'll definitely never forget that. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Personally, I'm not big on flowers. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate receiving them - they're a thoughtful gift. Wildflowers I think are especially nice if you're still in the early stages of dating someone. Roses, I think, are far too formal. Even after dating for an extended period of time, I feel strange when given roses.

If you want to give him flowers, I think you should go for it. :thumbsup: Worst case scenario, it's a bit awkward.

5. Nikky DoUrden

Personally I would melt! thats very sweet ^^

But maybe should wait for the next date because it can be a very powerful thing to do! maybe better to keep your surprises a bit longer ! :wink:

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get my partner flowers all the time. He loves the gesture and I love the look in his eyes whenever I get them for him. When we travel, I always have flowers waiting in the hotel room, again, he loves that.

Me, I prefer giving them. If he is doing Something sentimental for me as a gift, it's usually a bottle of unique or obscure spirits, which always puts a smile on my face.

7. One Man Army

I'd take flowers, but a cactus would be better :slight_smile:

8. ChameleonSoul

I think that sounds sweet! I'd love getting flowers myself, but I think that since you've haven't been on a lot of dates, stick with a single flower so that it doesn't seem like you're trying to be formal. I think that as long as you're giving him something with some thought into it, it should be fine. And besides, you're both the same gender. It's not like there's such a thing as typical gender roles.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I think that's adorable, I'd love it if someone brought me flowers. I think it might depend on the guy though how much enjoyment he'll get out of them, but I'd imagine just about anybody would appreciate the gesture.

10. Candace

I think that it shouldn't matter what you give him, as long as it came from you. Like Quem mentioned, you might regret not doing that and feel bad.