1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Silly Ol' Pining Self...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tallu, Oct 13, 2014.

1. bi2me

:eusa_clap I love this!

2. Tallu

You are so great. Thank you. I am trying to move from that phase of being mortified at my audacity to proud that I even tried. I had a brief period of anger but that passed quickly. I’m fairly laid back and don’t tend to stay upset too long, but when I go into protective mode I can shy away from folks for YEARS. I had to do that with my trouble-making sister and if it takes no contact with Eve to get past this then I’ll do it. I’ve wavered so much in the past. I got a little tipsy Saturday and almost drunk dialed. I stopped myself, lol. That would be the last thing I should do. Now if she called or texted me I would answer, because I once promised always to do that just in case it is an emergency. Also it would be communication on my terms, and I’d give her credit for trying. I know she won’t though. I’d keel over in shock if she did, lol.

And yes, I put my whole heart into it, at first as a mentor then a friend. I will probably never understand or know the whole story of why she shied away so much but ah well…it is her loss. I hope one day she will miss me on more levels than just someone to talk to online. I tend to think, though, that if someone can walk away so easily they really don’t have the empathy or emotional capacity to recognize their loss.

She’s starting to come onto the website again but since we are not friends on there anymore I don’t know what she is up to, or vice versa. It’s strange to coexist in a place where we were always partners. I’m sure she checks on me, too, and that’s okay. It’s pathetic, but okay, lol.

Again, thanks for everything. I’m slowly getting better.

3. P25

P25 Guest

Snever2late, What you said is amazing, touching and so true. Perfectly said. Thank you for sharing. All the ladies here, thank you for sharing and opening up ur hearts and lives. It's a great comfort to know that one is not alone in this craziness of our each own individual situations. We have several common threads...we all love, fully, with our hearts open and that in itself is a precious gift. Those who chose to not accept or even worse....accept for a time and then abandon us are truly the ones missing out. Everything happens for a reason ladies...either it a lesson or a blessing :slight_smile: keep loving....

4. waterfall

waterfall Guest

This entire thread is so heartwarming! The love and support that is so evident throughout is awesome!
    Snever2late Thank you for that beautiful and eloquent post! I can't say another thing that hasn't already been said…. I am so grateful for all of you ladies!

5. Snever2late

Thank you ladies, I kind of feel like I was just repeating what you all have been saying to me, and what I've thought of because of your support in getting to a better place.

So true P25. We all are just passionate, honest women...and I wouldn't have it any other way. And I hope that our respective heartaches don't change that. I feel like connecting with all you like minded women in similar situations make me feel like it'll be okay someday to give my whole heart again. If I didn't have y'all, I might have just shut down and put up all kinds of walls. Awww...you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy, lol (&&&)

6. Frkldbklvr45

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (&&&)
    I just had to get in on this group hug. I haven't leveled up yet but I still feel the love.

7. Tallu

This was nice to log onto and read. I had horrible dreams last night. Just chock full of symbolism. Ugh!