1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Feeling Do You Know Best?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Ryujin

Ambivalence
    If that can count

If not, distress

2. Pie

Pie Guest

Boredom. I'm bored. I hate holiday, I have to much free time.

3. MickH

Anxiety, I think :/

4. JessieRayne

My own little corner in my own little world
    I know the feelings of depression, anxiety, fear, regret and disappointment the most.

Happiness and love is about as foreign to me as the place farthest away from me. (whatever place that is)

5. iHateThinking

Damn, this is really an interesting and insightful question to ask.

Kaiser strikes again!

One of them is definitely anxiety. I've spent stretches of time constantly under anywhere from moderate to intense anxiety and I deal with brief spats of it somewhat frequently. The first time I really had bad anxiety was a crash course for about a month, but it trickled into a lot of my other activities. The most recent/longest time was about 5-6 months at least. I've gotten anxiety over currently unlikely scenarios (the sudden death of a family member that would never come, people I know and love getting hurt or seriously injured even though it had never happened, the thoughts I knew I would never, ever act out on but they caused me grief anyway because why would I even think of those thoughts there must be something wrong with me), my orientation, about existential topics. I find it hard to simply relax and just let things be, especially when I'm smack in the middle of an anxious period.

It's possibly not an anxiety disorder; at least, I don't think it is. I've never been one to admit something like that is possible for myself, and I've never seen any type of knowledgeable professional about it; I'm not a proponent of self diagnosis simply because I don't have the knowledge or the expertise to actually define something like that (but at the same time, I have to know myself the best. Go figure.)

Another, well, I can't quite simplify it into one word, but it's the feeling that I'm not living up to my full potential and the side feelings that come from it; whether it be academically, artistically, emotionally, or socially, I don't feel like what I do is good enough. I sit in procrastination a lot (essentially, chronically) so it oftentimes throws off my working mojo and I wind up rushing projects that could have been really good, well thought out or well analyzed because I put it off. Whereas I could have been the top of my class if I put in some effort, I did enough to make good grades but I never pushed myself too hard academically. It makes me feel like I'm always just a few steps behind.

I only recently started really feeling like what I do has value, that people actually either enjoy or respect or appreciate what I do as an artist, a student, and an individual, but even then I worry that whatever I do is just never going to be on par with everyone else. I also hate "wasting" my time, but then I procrastinate horrendously when I shouldn't. When I have even slight downtime and should enjoy it, it makes me feel frustrated because I feel ought to be doing something more *productive*, like solving world hunger or something. Socially, I don't always feel like my relationships are authentic because I (like most others) mask many parts of myself because I'm afraid and it keeps me from fully realizing and appreciating the bonds and relationships I've gained with others.

I'm very slowly overcoming all this, but it's still a huge pain in the ass to deal with. Baby steps, right?

[man this was lengthier than I expected...]

6. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My feelings tend to be pretty balanced. Sometimes I'm empty and feel lonely, while other times I'm easily angered. I can be pretty happy when I'm around friends, and can get pretty excited when doing new things. Right now, I'm pretty calm and feel relaxed. :slight_smile:

7. ChameleonSoul

CONTEMPT! :lol:

But in all seriousness though, I usually shift between depression and determination depending on how things are going in my life.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I posted in here, already.

Anyway, it's either anxiety or that feeling you have when you're just trying to stay awake.

9. geoworld24

geoworld24 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Profound sadness, but starting to feel what true happiness feels like :slight_smile:

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, I know happiness the best because it's so precious to me and often escapes my grasp like quicksilver.

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :dry:/:bang: (Irritability) and :shrug: (indifference).

:grin: (Happiness) mostly though.

12. stormborn

anxious and drained.
    anxiety is always present in some form or another, and i think it almost always has been. it's something i'm trying to work on.
    i always feel drained. i'm always tired. emotionally, physically, mentally. always tired in some capacity; always drained of something.
    (i hope this even made sense?? i need sleep :sleep: )

13. shinji

shinji Guest

(>^_^)><(^o^<)

*thread* - Boredom, dejection, cynicism... All the good stuff.

It's like... (」゜ロ゜)」 and then... \(〇_o)/ and, and... щ(゜ロ゜щ) ... meh! ╮(─▽─)╭

14. duende84

I know the feeling of depression and its mates all too well. Anxiety, worthlessness, anger, stress....

But the past year I have also come to know the feeling of contentment. It is a lovely feeling. Slightly euphoric. Hard to describe but it is a state where you are happy with how it all is and you do not want to add nor take away from the moment in any way. It is just perfectly balanced. Now that is a great feeling. And its all thanks to that wonderful dude in my life.

15. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Loneliness, anger and hate.

16. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Numbness. I live in a state of blocking my emotions from the world so I don't have to feel and endure pain. Remaining detached allows me to keep myself safe from being hurt

17. beyourself

beyourself Guest

Happiness, amusement, sadness, loneliness. The feeling I can describe best is loneliness.