1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decorations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Hexagon

How is your house or bedroom decorated (meaning your personal space, so if you life with family that would tend to be your room)?

My room has a rainbow flag, a poem, a couple of photographs of astronomical phenomenon, and a couple of political posters/banners.

2. AlamoCity

Well, my room has hunter green walls. I have a desk with my iMac and a printer and books on cooking, antiques, and science in nook where the books go on the desk. On the walls, I have a wooden mirror and framed, cancelled, stock certificates decorating the walls; there is also my Latin honors cord hanging on the walls. I have a used bottle of champagne that I use as a flower vase.

Surprisingly, there aren't any pictures or flags or political posters in my room at this time. I do have an autographed poster of Alan Jackson, but I needed to upgrade the frame to fit the room decor, so it's currently in my closet.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My bedroom has no wall decorations, nor any knick-knacks. I sleep in it and dress in it, and that's all.

4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Fashion Dolls, Ponies, and Star Trek toys. Now, I'll let you recover from the shock. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Ryujin

I have blue wallpaper and on my side of the room, I a have my Star trek calender which I use as a poster, I never put anything on it and it's still on March :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

On my brother's side of the room, he has a Doctor Who poster and some pictures, he also has a Lord of the Rings poster next to his bunk and a map of Middle Earth

6. Candace

This is hard to say since I stay at two houses.

Well, at my mom's house...it has teal colored walls, with a white crown molding at the bottom. There are two bookshelves on one wall, with a Chinese parchment like calendar on that side. There is a dark oak dresser and a white dresser (with a mirror) where I keep my clothes. These are front of my bed, which is the back wall and the dressers are across the room (to the left of the book shelves, which are to the left of my bed, got it?). To the right of my bed, there is a black nightstand with a gray lamp on it and a brown wastebasket underneath it. To the right of that nightstand, there is my closet, which has my winter clothes, junk, etc. To the farthest right of my bed against the wall is a computer desk and chair, which is where I *used* to have my desktop, but I don't use it for anything anymore. Oh yeah, to the left of that computer desk and to the right of my dressers, there's two windows, side by side on each wall, which overlook the backyard and my neighbor's house.

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'm still in the process of reorganising and decorating my room to make it feel more 'me'.

For now, there's some half empty shelves on the wall above my small bed (that still has some stupid stickers I had on it since I was little). On those shelves, there are various little odds and ends, mostly old mechanical toys (most of which have been taken apart to show the mechanisms). There's also a Kewpie doll with it's eyes coloured in black and a few other modifications I did with a red pen. And there's a vintage automaton/music box thing.

On the wall to the left of the door, there is a bookshelf. On it are some Black Edition volumes of the Death Note manga. It's unfortunately the English version, and I never even read the third volume (the last one I have). But I keep them because they look nice, plus I saw the anime in original Japanese and loved it.
    Next to them is my L plushie. So cute.

And then next to that bookshelf is the place where I keep my ball-jointed doll

And.. Yeah it's not the nicest looking room

8. Blossom85

I don't have a lot of decorations, I have my jewelry box, and a few little things, but I have cut a lot of things down when we moved cause it looked too cluttered. My lounge room though has a big entertainment unit and I have a lot of photos and stuff on the top of the entertainment unit.

9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I have a Hawaiian theme. Lots of teal and yellow.

10. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My room is fairly spartan, but I have a little tanuki statue, a lucky cat bank from my grandma, and the occasional laundry basket on the floor of my closet.*

*The little statues are on my dresser, not the floor.

11. MisterTinkles

Nothing on the walls, as I rent an apartment. I put up some curtains, but that was just to block out the light, otherwise it would just be blinds.

I used to have tons of crap and collectables........but I have had to move SO many times in my life......I found it necessary to keep everything to the minimum.......

Bed, small chairs, 2 folding tables, bakers rack, chest and everything else is in boxes.
    I have kept some of my collectables, although I dont know why since I have no place to display them. I would not mind selling them, if I could get good prices for them. And no, ebay is not a place for the best prices for what I have.

I have tons of kitchen gadgets though (another downfall of mine)....cant seem to get rid of them.....I like them so much.

There really isn't anything left of my life in this apartment. Just some easily disposable stuff and stuff in boxes. Thats about it.

12. Jethro702

My room is a disaster to say the least lol..... I have nothing on the walls. Just a bed, desk, drawers, and a chair.... covered in a lot of junk. Oh! and my Frog tank! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dorm room has a bunch of car posters and pictures. There is a Nissan GTR, a LaFerrari, Audi R10, Ferrari F2004, some BTCC cars and a picture of the New Zealand All Blacks. On my cork board i have a pride button and the gym schedule other than that there isn't much. Just my helmet and a picture of my family on my bookshelf.

14. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have a house...not large, but not tiny. We sometimes think of it as our Witch's Cottage in the woods.

Our goal for it is to incorporate into every room wood, stone, and metal. Right now, our living room exactly fits that ideal, and it's our favorite room in the house. The coffee table alone fits the bill: iron frame, but a thick wood rim with stone tile pieces. It's quite lovely...it's our center for games or puzzles or for watching a movie. But there's a lot of other wood in the room, plus metal candle lanterns on the walls and ceiling. Very cozy place with lots of candles and incense burners. There is a cool funky tapestry on one wall, and some other pieces of art, including paintings/prints and some stylized wooden lizards...actually a number of carved/sculpted animals about the place: a wooden elephant, wooden fish, a metal dragon, giraffe, and a bat candleholder a friend made for us. The ceiling has an awesome painted stencil in a leaf and berry theme done by the previous owners...we love it! If you look at it in the right mood, one part of the pattern looks just like a Green Man.

Our bedroom is next, with two largish mirrors (metal), wood furniture, and a small number of actual stones...I'd like to get stone into the actual furniture, though, to fit the ideal. Many candles and incense burners there as well, actually. Couple pieces of art on the walls, and a candle lamp on the ceiling. We used to have some funky tapestries on the walls and ceiling too, but took those down a few years ago and haven't yet replaced them. Oh, yes, and also from the previous owners, there is a painted stencil of roses running around the walls near the ceiling...and this we have despised for years, and will someday replace with a Celtic knot pattern.

The master bath does a pretty damned good job, too, actually, with the (heated) stone tile floor, decorative stone shower and bath tiles, wooden trim, shelf, and cabinet, and the metal fixtures on the tub, shower, sink, and lights. In terms of décor, there are some nice paintings on the wall (it's a largish bathroom that we designed and had built onto the house).

Currently, the dining room is wood-only...but we did see some nice pieces with stone in them that we were interested in considering.

The kitchen has beautiful wood cabinetry, and the same berry/leaf pattern as the living room (except in tan w/ blue berries instead of green w/ red berries). But sadly, there's only metal inasmuch as it's a kitchen, and no stone whatsoever! It's the next room targeted for remodeling, though, so there's hope. I'm hoping for stone tiles above the counters. And I'd love a stone tile floor (rather than the existing crappy linoleum)...but in a kitchen, the danger of dropped things shattering (or shattering the floor) makes me think we'll probably opt for cork tiles.

Now here I've gone on and on...and I have to wonder (as I do so often in so many of these threads)...will anybody read this? Will they give two shits? Or will they wonder why I couldn't just sum it up in a sentence or two like a normal person? Or did they see the length and say, sheesh, woman, I ain't reading all that!

So I won't get into the upstairs, the porches, or the finished basement. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i live in a apartment when i shouldnt be and i WANT to decorate but i have too many ideas and no idea how to practically apply anything, so my mom has over time brought really nice decoration stuff up for me and it looks good

what would you call that 60's dean martinish semi-modern las vegas look, i am very drawn to that but i dont know what to call it

16. Polka Dots

I suppose I'll choose to describe my office since that is where I spend most of my time.

Lots of photos of my son, a computer, a desk, a bit of clutter, my music collection (vinyls, cassettes, CDs--ya know, the "obsolete" stuff). On the wall above my computer I have taped a small collection of rejection letters for my current writing project. They help motivate me to improve my craft, and whenever I sit down to edit I can't help but smile at them.

17. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My room is painted dark blue, blue, and white. I have Harry Potter wall stickers and a rack/plaque that I hang my medals on from cross country and track. Then I have framed, autographed pictures of Dathan Ritzenhein and Amy Begler from the Olympics (I probably spelled their names horribly) hanging next to the medal rack. Other than that, a bed, dresser, and hopechest.

18. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jealous of you guys who have your own places :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I live in a house with 6 other guys. 6!

I have a decent room, however. Lots of cat pictures (including a kitten calendar), Japanese-related pictures and decorations, photos on the wall, I also have permanent Christmas lights around the room, and three houseplants, among other things. It's my sanctuary. I enjoy coming back to it :slight_smile:

19. Incognito10

My house is on the water, so I went with a nautical theme. I was inspired by staying in a beach house a few years back.

20. ChickenLady

Well I hate my room colour (it was painted when I was 7) and I'm in the process of painting my walls with random drawings and such to cover up the ugly colours. Otherwise there is a rabbit cage, gerbil cage and fish tank taking up a lot of space, two dressers, a TV and a bookcase. That's about it. Other than the many chicken decorations covering the free space if course.