1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Want to Die?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

After you get your head cut off you'll still be alive and conscious for a terrifying few seconds. Also 95% of statistics that sound like what I just said are made up.

2. glw

glw Guest

Any form of quick or slow death void of feeling or knowledge. (sleep/carbon monoxide poisoning)

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

By the way, as far as when I'd like to be shot out of the airlock, It has to be before my hands become useless. Lots of people are fortunate enough to die before their hands give out, and I'd like to be one of them. For an artist losing the use of your hands is worse than death. Artists have an urge to create, and I'm pretty sure once we lose the ability to do that it would be awful. Not to mention I'm an avid internet user and gamer.

4. MisterTinkles

I want to go out in a blaze of glory, destroying the evil that is WalMart and Washington DC

5. ChickenLady

I honestly wouldn't want to die in my sleep. If I'm going to die I want to be awake for my last moments.

Really I'd like to die either saving someone's life from something or someone or in old age. I don't want my death to be meaningless. I want it to stand for something. But I suppose no one really gets to choose how they die unless they commit suicide, and I plan on living as long as I can thank you very much.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While there are some here that say they'd like to be alert for their last moments, that's not how it usually works with a natural death. It's a process where each system shuts down one-by-one and at that point, you cease to be.

Usually the hands, feet, and limbs begin to feel colder as circulation of blood is slowing down. The person becomes drowsier and their level of consciousness varies. They don't eat as much, and then they lose the ability to swallow. Their muscles relax as they lose control over them, and death occurs. It's something I would like to just be asleep for and never wake up.

#46 AwesomGaytheist, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  7. shinji

shinji Guest

Liar... there are too many variables, this is not something you can "prepare" for.
    I'm not passing away, but... i guess... if i did have to answer, theoretically... Maybe smash into a wall with my car. Would much prefer it than suffer in bed by some incurable disease (or old age, old age is fine too) or something like that... Since i probably would die alone and not have anyone to take care of me.
    Nope, i want to live forever! In fact, now that you ask... i guess, maybe if i found myself a cute and friendly vampire and we started kissing and stuff. Or maybe, if Earth got invaded by aliens and this random spaceship crashed near me and i hopped on board and discovered this technology that could rejuvenate me. At the very least, maybe if i eat enough ice-cream...?!

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Very bold statement, there.

Just because you may not chose how you go, you can still make preparations. Wills, overcoming regrets, being more open and honest, are some examples of preparing.

There is more to preparing for death, than just the actual time, place, and method of dying.

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Ideally, if I could vanish with every trace of my existance including other's memories of me I would do that.

Actually, well I'd like to die painlessly of course there never seems to be alot of readily available ways to do that. If it's something like a gunshot to the head that ends me quickly, I guess that would be the best alternative

10. SpaceSuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to die like falling asleep. Just body getting heavy, peaceful feeling, things fading, eyes closing. Gone.

11. Pie

Pie Guest

Ice cream overdose.

12. shinji

shinji Guest

It's a waste of time... Why would you care, when you die, you die... Let others deal with all that shit. Instead, spend time doing something that you actually enjoy doing... Unless, you enjoy spending money on useless stuff and dealing with lawyers.
    Impossible, tried it... several times.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I suppose wanting to actually be open and honest, thinking of others, and overcoming regrets in life, are all a waste of time. I suppose studying for a test is a waste of time, working out, making friends, finding love, or wanting to do more with life, are also a waste of time, since, you know, one day I'll die -- and lose it all, so why bother?

When you live life like that, you're going to find it rather miserable. Coming to terms with yourself, and the influence you have on life, is a difficult but empowering process. I highly recommend it, if you have the gall to do so.

14. texas wizzard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i really dont think about that. i try to think of how i should live. just he way think about life i guess

15. RedFireFly

I would like to die to save someone important to me.
    But if it's any other way, I think getting hanged might be a quick, not too bad way out

16. shinji

shinji Guest

Let me save you some time. :3

Everything that you do, that does not directly influence your life towards making you happy, is a waste of time.

17. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I prefer not to die, but if you insist... Old age.

18. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Preferrably when im really old and by just falling asleep while in bed at home. Im scared that I will die of old age in some hospital.

19. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

in a battle to the death with a genetically-enhanced assassin kangaroo

20. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ineffectively.

So that I can come back later as a zombie and enjoy the apocalypse!

In seriousness: probably with minimal fuss and with my affairs in order+ambitions achieved. I'm not going to speculate on age because whilst I would ideally like to live to an old age I already have a lot of health and mobility problems, so once I reach, say, 80yrs I doubt I'd be enjoying it very much.